Dont forget to clear the snow off the ROOF of your car

DulwichFox

If you are caught by police driving with snow still on your car (even on the roof), or an officer sees it fall onto the road from your vehicle, you can be given a ?60 fine and have three penalty points added to your licence.

The fine falls in line with section 229 of the Highway code which outlines correct guidelines for driving in adverse weather conditions.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/4904375/how-leaving-snow-on-the-roof-of-your-car-could-land-you-a-60-fine-and-three-penalty-points/

DulwichFox You have been warned

I'd quite like the police to stop people as they did when I was younger. There would be less cars with a light out, even less people on their phones, perhaps more people would stick loosely to 20mph. I expect snow is the least of their priorities (was the original post a useful one or reactionary?).

Of course I do have a story when I braked hard in Italy, snow came off my roof and broke the windscreen wipers. Now there was a dash to the airport to return the hire car that I never want to repeat. And the snow had been cleared before we started the journey.