Was upset to find out that the RSPCA don?t come out for abandoned farm animals

ChantalDesire

When I recently found two baby chickens in a box outside a bin area in Peckham my first instinct was to take them home and get straight on to the RSPCA for them to collect them. But I was highly disappointed and upset to hear that they don?t come out for farm animals unless it?s a horse.

😮Never ever expected this reaction from the RSPCA, on tv they make themselves sound so good when in reality they are no help when really needed.

So what happens to farm animals dumped?

Do we walk by and ignore a living creature suffering just because it?s a farm animal and not a domestic one?

Do we countlessly struggle to raise an abandoned animal we know very little about?

Or do we hide them from our landlords until we find them a home which we hope is permanent?

What is the solution?!! Really bothers me..the one organisation you think really cares doesn?t bother.

The RSPCA need to address this problem.

LUCKILY I FOUND A LOVELY HOME FOR THE CHICKENS I FOUND

Well done for your concern and finding such a great home for these 2 little ones. Unfortunately I have found the RSPCA quite unhelpful at times, it is very upsetting. Luckily there are lots of animal lovers around and we can usually manage. Hope I don't find anything too big though..... the snake was bad enough!!!

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You found a snake??!!??!!

It was only a corn snake but quite big, luckily there was an old binliner near by and I managed to flick it in. I was quite proud of myself as I'd always said to myself "hope I never find a snake!" Managed to find the owner, so happy days!

ChantalDesire Wrote:

> Foal farm where is that located?

Biggin Hill, Kent. I often see them recommended with high praise on other SE Forums, so I think they must havea fairly good network, though I've not had occasion to use them myself.

turtle Wrote:

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > You found a snake??!!??!!

>

>

> It was only a corn snake but quite big, luckily

> there was an old binliner near by and I managed to

> flick it in. I was quite proud of myself as I'd

> always said to myself "hope I never find a snake!"

> Managed to find the owner, so happy days!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/09/04/python-found-lurking-essex-toilet/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4526846/four-foot-python-snapped-slithering-wild-in-londons-battersea-park/

it seems we are awash with abandoned snakes....

I thought chickens were being kept in urban gardens these days...put them on gumtree or somewhere