Late night gardening

Louisa

Just got home from a restaurant meal, tucked into a bottle of sauv left over from Christmas, take a look out the back window and the neighbours are at it again. Gardening. They do the full works, apart from the use of loud equipment. It?s janaury, it just doesn?t seem right to me. Not to mention the antisocial element involved. They have the garden lights switched on too. Should I go and say something? I?m tempted.

Louisa.

Digging holes and putting bulbs in them, cutting back weeds left over from the summer months, the lady even uses scissors to cut the edges of the lawn! I didn?t approach them last night but I shall certainly do so next time. It?s not so much what they?re doing (even though that?s bloody weird), it?s the time of day. I wasn?t sleeping, but if I had of been, I?d be furious now.

Louisa.

Right ,normal gardening stuff then but late in day .

Were the activities noisy Louisa ? Loud chatting ?Dropping metal implements ? Do the outside lights shine into your house ? All of which could be disturbing .

I wonder if they'd just come back from a visit to a different time zone and were trying to cope with tha dislocation ?

Does seem odd . You're not having us on are you ?

rahrahrah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I assumed 'late night gardening' was some sort of

> euphemism / code. Turns out it's just late night

> gardening. Very disappointing.

:))

I must say I can't see any problem with people gardening at night provided they aren't disturbing anybody.

Each to their own and all that.

I'd probably do the same if there were things I hadn't had time to do in the day and I had enough light to see by.

Or is Louisa doing a KK bus and car type post?

Who knows. Well apart from Louisa, obv :))

ETA: The bulbs I can understand. It's past the time most bulbs should have been planted, so they were probably desperate to get them in.

I've only just planted some of mine, and I had been fretting about it for weeks :(

Seabag Wrote:

> They?re working on the bio-dynamic cycle Lou

>

> This is decreed by the moon cycle, surely you know

> this

They're probably planting crystals and weird substances all over the garden, too :)) :)) :))

Lynne Wrote:

> There re worse things.

Oh, indeed

I have a few crystals around my house which I'm very fond of - relics from the eighties :)

ETA: Or maybe you meant the late night gardening?

Our immediate neighbours are having a loft extension, opposite at the back are having a kitchen extension. Another garden touching ours hasn't had anyone setting foot in it for about 20 years and I think there are rats now. Late night gardening would come as a little light relief.

Lynne Wrote:

> Our immediate neighbours are having a loft

> extension, opposite at the back are having a

> kitchen extension. Another garden touching ours

> hasn't had anyone setting foot in it for about 20

> years and I think there are rats now. Late night

> gardening would come as a little light relief.

As soon as one house near me finally completes whatever building work they are having done, another one starts.

Front and back. Right and left.

Banging, drilling, sawing, shouting. A lot of shouting. Lorries. Vans. Skips arriving, skips departing.

I can't imagine most of the houses in my road have anything left they could possibly need doing to them (apart from mine :)) )

And now I have Thames Water doing something to a sewer a few metres from where I am trying to work. Every other word seems to be the F word, and they seem to be permanently encamped there. With pneumatic drills.

I feel your pain :)

It all your collective fault. Low interest rates mean that better return investing in property. By to let market is driving the bottom of the market rather than first time buyers, further increasing the value of investing in house improvements. Up the hill we are seeing out first basement extensions (what? In south London clay??). I remember a friend in a private street 25 years ago moving as the road was a permanent building site. Quarter of a century it seems like my street is like that now. I started a thread in the past about 'necessary' extensions vs indulgence projects.

Amy way after my flippant comment that tars every one with the same brush and will have got your respective hackles up. I quite fancy some (quiet) night time gardening.

Sue Wrote:

> Lynne Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Our immediate neighbours are having a loft

> > extension, opposite at the back are having a

> > kitchen extension. Another garden touching ours

> > hasn't had anyone setting foot in it for about

> 20

> > years and I think there are rats now. Late

> night

> > gardening would come as a little light relief.

>

>

> As soon as one house near me finally completes

> whatever building work they are having done,

> another one starts.

>

> Front and back. Right and left.

>

> Banging, drilling, sawing, shouting. A lot of

> shouting. Lorries. Vans. Skips arriving, skips

> departing.

>

> I can't imagine most of the houses in my road have

> anything left they could possibly need doing to

> them (apart from mine :)) )

>

> And now I have Thames Water doing something to a

> sewer a few metres from where I am trying to work.

> Every other word seems to be the F word, and they

> seem to be permanently encamped there. With

> pneumatic drills.

>

> I feel your pain :)

....oh just shut up

Well you're a charming little ray of sunshine, Dog duck, aren't you :))

ETA: Maybe you should just stick to the word association thread. You seem to spend a lot of time there.

Some of your posts on it give us all an interesting insight into your character ....

I just clicked on your name and all the words were there ....

ARE THEY MOWING etc? it does seem a bit anti-social, or weird. Perhaps they are having rush visitors, like the folks coming round or someone important and they didn't want it looking tatty? ... there is a time and place though.

I went out ranting like an old fish wife ... an antisocial neighbour of nine years .... I was going to sleep at midnight, when there was tapping banging, doors slamming, whirring noises, metal clanking sounds to the room adjoining our bedroom. I tapped several times on the wall, to indicate there was a problem. As this had been happening and escalating for about a month.

The ladies latest illegal lodger/apparently I am disturbing him with tapping on the wall? I am disrespecting him innit!! They said its their neighbour upstairs making all the noise. I called the neighbour upstairs who was sitting with his headphones on trying to avoid THEIR noise. He was very upset at being accused. The neighbour then said, IT WAS HER NOISE, she was doing some hoovering and housework while her children slept. I told her that as she doesn't go to work and that 1 young baby sleeps a lot whilst the other child is at school, she should have plenty of time for housework during the day!!

I wonder why they are gardening at night? Perhaps they are vampires?