Car moved without permission and left blocking road by telecom engineer

Bubbles

Can anyone advise on traffic law?

My car was parked outside my home and was moved by telecom engineers to access a public highway cable pit. No notice was given regarding works to be carried out and they were not authorised to shove my car at an angle into the middle of the road. After they had completed the work they left my car blocking the road and disappeared!I saw the engineer in the morning on my way to work and he denied that he moved the vehicle, so I

contacted the customer service number for the company and reported it. They advised that they would send the area manager around immediately to check what was happening. They didn't. After 2 and a 1/2 days of emailing the telecommunications company their subcontractors contacted me to admit liability for moving the car and then suggested I email their claims department regarding any car damage. My question is, by moving a vehicle, leaving it blocking a busy road, have they broken any specific laws that I should present against them for doing that? They have put nothing in writing to me as yet regarding admitting to moving and leaving the car in a dangerous position in the road, as this was admitted over the telephone. Any advice as to how I should proceed with this organisation would be appreciated.

If it was me, I'd simply make a claim as advised and refer to their 'negligence' in failing to return your vehicle to the safe position it was in prior to them moving it. Depending upon the events that required them to move your vehicle, they may not have broken any law by moving your vehicle - e.g. the works may have been required as an emergency, however, they must use reasonable care when doing anything that may foreseeably cause damage (a duty of care obligation), which they have clearly failed to do.