What service provider do you use for fibre broadband

beansprout

Hi there,

Having a truely frustrating time with EE as service keeps on dropping out and frequent buffering. Have now had compensation of one month refunded to me with a cost of ?29 for fiber if I start a new contract with them for 18 months which frankly is a No.

Since it is my understanding that all suppliers use BT line and I am in contract until June guess I will just stay where I am and work in other ED or other areas.

EE seem to think that they are doing me a huge favour - having been a customer for almost 5 years, can't be bothered to stay.

I gather that fiber with Virgin is not great either.

Someone has suggested that I don't need broadband with anyone and can just go into Personal Hotspot which is like double dutch to me.

Rant over, assistance appreciated and thanks in advance.

I've got fibre with Plusnet, and my contract ends soon.

It's sort of alright, but it does drop out sometimes, which may be the WiFi.

It's been better since I moved the router a bit.

Their customer service is very good in my experience, but I will be looking around to see if I can get something better.

ETA: When I got a Roku stick I had problems with buffering at first, but moving my router a fairly short distance across the room upstairs that it's in seemed to sort it. It hardly ever happens now.

I have a contract with Sky. It can sometimes be a little bit slower than I'd like, but that could be because we have several devices connected and using it at the same time.

I had a problem about 12 months ago when it went down for a day, other than that, in 2 years, it's been great. Customer service has been very good too.

beansprout Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you.. I gather that Sky is the one to go for

> or Talk Talk who have a fixed price. Plus net is

> another - based on research and good customer feed

> back.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/broadband/2017/01/talktalk-cuts-the-price-of-broadband-and-fibre-packages--but-there-are-cheaper-deals-elsewhere

we use Zen and have done for years after awful service from BT, Virgin et al.

https://www.cable.co.uk/guides/is-zen-broadband-any-good/

They have been consistently good for 10 years or so, certainly not the cheapest option but as we both work from home a lot reliability is really important - and they are VERY reliable. Excellent customer support on the two occasions (in 10 years that I can think of) needed, UK based support.

My husband often muses about getting a cheaper contract but we're really only talking about saving a tenner a month to go with one of the providers that just don't offer any reliability.