Virgin media update 16/3

Europe

Yes, we are in the same boat, they emailed to say it was fixed and it hasn?t been.

I rung and they said it would be intermittent until the 20th which is not acceptable. Added to that, their definition of intermittent obviously means no connection at all...

they were out fixing my neighbours today and I mentioned to them that mine was playing up too , he said they were probably connected so once he finished then ours will be better hopefully ?!

I?ve not been in long enough to know yet ?!

Where are you both ? We are Belvoir Road

Just seen this post and hope you are all connected

Not sure if this helps, but when I was coming home yesterday afternoon around 3/30, there were two men from VM doing something with the I assume the junction box on Sylvester Road near Barry Road which I assume might be the nearest one to some of you.

They did mention that fibre is the way to go....

Still No internet and TV since 13/03

13/03 Info on line: problem will be resolved shortly

End of the day problem has been resolved: not true.

Online no issue detected.

14/03 technicians are working hard on the problem.

15/03: problems resolved incorrect.

One neighbour called virgin yesterday: they are aware there are some issues it will be intermittent until 27/03! It has not even be intermittent.

16/03 called this morning at 8am talked to Martin, said they are aware there are some issues it will be intermittent until 28/03. I clarified that nothing is working at all and that has been the case for 3 days.

As I was not happy with his response I asked to talk to his manager, was told Dhiraj is not available for hour or 2 will call me back!

As I am working from home asked for a technician to come over today, not possible until Monday morning!

Pushed to make a complaint and managed for Martin to complete the form and he gave me a reference number.

Asked about compensation... we should have a reduction into our next bill but could not say how much!

Unacceptable...

Maybe if we all do the same they will take it seriously?

• 2 weeks later...

?We are the Underhill end of Landells?

We?re near there too, no internet since around 16/17 too.

Engineer visiting MONDAY (believe when I see).

If VM know it?s a wider problem why would they send an engineer to my house ?

(This is part time of why I don?t believe we?ll be visited)

Spoke to an engineer last week (he wasn't Virgin - but subbing for them). There isn't a fault, what they are doing is changing the amps in the green stations/boxes on the street). Once all the amps are changed the boxes will be ready to take fibre optic. Which he said is going to happen around June. So expect more issues then. Landells area. Apparently changing amps on the dated stations can be a bit hit and miss. Hence long outages. Virgin probably won't tell you this info and log a fault . I'm no fan of the customer service that's why I hunt down engineers.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lavender27 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There are tissues in the area, virgins are working

> on it to get it back up as soon ad they have found

> the tissues.

Yes that's what the recirded message says! But that's now the fourth time here in the last few weeks so they clearly can't easily resolve it. It's so so annoying when you're trying to get some work done. I've been with Virgin for over 20 years but lately the service and the various cost increases mean we are giving serious consideration to changing. The trouble is who to go with?

Sorry to hear you are still having problems... I am not sure either who to go with?

On another note, when I called Virgin in March they told me that we will be credited on our next bill, just received my bill with no credit!

Just called them again, they offered ?2.47 credit to start with as they could not see how long the system was down in March. When I asked to talk to the manager suddenly they were able to credit me with ?13.14.

I know it is not a lot but at least it is something, maybe you should try and include the problems you are having this week!?

Yes all of them are reported and, as you say, there is a tiny compensation for each but it's down to the customer to report it each time, otherwise they don't automatically pay it. Too much time out of my life - grr.

OMG.. only just joined Talk Talk and customer service etc is so appalling have left for a competitor. Speed was not even up to scratch and they admitted it.. What was strange was the fault I had from existing supplier b4 I moved to them was still there even though BT guy came and assured me that he had installed a new line. Broke my contract as they could not help - tried but you are sent to a call centre out of UK. I got South Africa and Phillipines. Finally demanded to speak to a Manager. To make sure this was all documented, sent e mails. They do respond, days later. Expect calls from Welcome Department - who don't actually know what is going on with your account, would have thought that in this tech age, everything should be on screen..praise, complaints, etc.. Certainly not in my case..

The problem so I understand it is everything comes out of a box somewhere and don't assume, if you are near two boxes you are likely to get connected to them. All other companies aside from I believe Virgin & Sky use BT lines.. Then you have the problem as to who is responsible for which bit of line.

BT I am told might or did in the past put their prices up by 50 % whilst still in contract..

Having learnt all of this, when to be frank I neither had the time or patience.. I guess there is too much traffic on lines at certain times & whoever you go through unless it is Virgin or Sky simply in my very basic understanding too many folk and teck using a line.

Could go into it further but well, at the end of the day, it is the companies that control it and depends on where line starts and finishes with regard to who is responsible for what.

Gone rthough different frequency as well..

Given a website fast.com which in my case showed the different speeds at different times.

Good luck to all.. All I want is a reliable service not one that is so erratic, you never know what is happening..sometimes e mails went through, others not at all, and as I run a small business just cannot afford this.

What I have learnt, is not to put all your eggs in one basket - so, my broadband will be with one company and my cell with another - if one goes down or weather or anything else, at least you have another company.

Guess if I was in my 20/30's or that era, now fully understand why the young have 2 phones..

Only wonder what happens to the older generation who experience what I have been through.

Hope this helps some...

Not a rant as such, but more frustration to have to learn about all this..good learning curve though..

Not sure what to expect from next supplier.... Thinking about going back to paper pen and fax..!!