Facebook page

Inbound

Thank you, that looks useful.

Perhaps he can help me get my scanner talking to my laptop again. Since the last main Windows 10 update it hasn't.

I've reinstalled the software several times and tried various other things, with no success :(

Hello Sue, I guess that the scanner is connected via USB? Try putting it into a different port than the one you usually select, that should prompt Windows to look for the device driver and then you'll be able to continue

Also try tech forums on the internet Sue. You might find someone with a solution or who has managed to write a new driver. Try searching for something like 'my scanner (model number) no longer works with windows 10'. There is usually a way to roll back to previous drivers too (I can't remember how) but have solved a few problems like this that I have had, thanks to some bright spark on a tech forum. Good luck.

Inbound Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello Sue, I guess that the scanner is connected

> via USB? Try putting it into a different port than

> the one you usually select, that should prompt

> Windows to look for the device driver and then

> you'll be able to continue

Thanks Inbound.

It's an Epson multifunction printer/scanner etc presently connected by WiFi.

The scanner hasn't worked since a Windows 10 update, and now (just today, though I haven't used it for a week due to flu) the printer doesn't work either because the laptop has stopped recognising the printer for some reason.

However I am changing my broadband provider this week, so I will wait till I get the new router and try again then, as there isn't much point in getting it going now and then everything changes.

I can't find the USB lead, though I presume it must have come with one, otherwise I would have tried connecting it via USB.

I had a lengthy email discussion in January re the scanner with Epson technical suppport, however they were not able to sort it and asked me to phone them. When it tranpired that I had to be in Canada or the US to do this, they said they couldn't help further and that I had to contact Epson in the UK (which I haven't done yet but if necessary I will). The scanner not working was a minor inconvenience, but the printer is set to be a major inconvenience if I can't sort it.

Obviously I have googled for solutions!

Hello Sue, Sorry to hear your problems, Concerning your laptop/printer connectivity Go to control panel then to devices and printers, find the icon for the printer, right click and delete the profile, scroll up and click on add a printer, it should then identify the printer and install a new profile, this might cure the scanner issue as well. good luck!

Inbound Wrote:

> Hello Sue, Sorry to hear your problems, Concerning

> your laptop/printer connectivity Go to control

> panel then to devices and printers, find the icon

> for the printer, right click and delete the

> profile, scroll up and click on add a printer, it

> should then identify the printer and install a new

> profile, this might cure the scanner issue as

> well. good luck!

Thanks, I'll try that but I'll wait till I've got the new router set up!

Loz Wrote:

> Hmmm. A facebook page for a guy called Ian who

> knows a fair bit about Windows 10 is found by a

> guy called Ian who knows a fair bit about Windows

> 10.

>

> "Stumbled"?

Would it matter even if true?

It's a useful page and it isn't a business or money making ploy.

Sue Wrote:

> Loz Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> > Hmmm. A facebook page for a guy called Ian who knows a fair bit about Windows 10 is found by a

> > guy called Ian who knows a fair bit about Windows

> > 10.

> >

> > "Stumbled"?

>

> Would it matter even if true?

>

> It's a useful page and it isn't a business or money making ploy.

But it is a Facebook business page, Sue.

You've sussed me! The Omnipresent watchdogs on EDF have sniffed out my rouse! Facebook constantly bugs me to upgrade from "just for fun" to a business, trying to drum up their business under the guise of a promotion!

No matter, If you liked the page why not indicate so and then follow me!! I monitor it daily so any feedback or queries I will respond.

https://www.facebook.com/RightClickable/

• 3 weeks later...

In case anyone else is having similar problems to me,I have now (at last) completely solved it. Purely by persistence, however.

Epson have apparently just put new drivers for my model onto their website (or at least the exe file has a different name now) and it all works fine now including the scanner.

Not sure whether to be aggrieved it took them so long, or relieved they now have. Relieved, on balance, I think!

Jules-and-Boo Wrote:

> Windows is automatically upgrading to Windows 10

> whether you like it or not. Then things don'the

> work.

Windows 10 automatically upgrades. But earlier versions of Windows are not being upgraded. They used to try that, but it finished a couple of years ago.