Parking enforcement officers in Southwark - about as usefu as a chocolate tea pot

malumbu

Loads of cars parked on the double yellows on Rye Lane as usual. Three Southwark Parking Enforcement Officers. Are you going to do anything I ask? Oh we are just here with regards to waste collection.

Can anyone enlighten me about what the point of them is?

And do you care about your council tax being wasted?

I'm picking my own fight with my local authority, Lewisham. Deterrents, priories, proportionality discretion etc. Not perfect but from what I saw tonight Southwark are taking the p.

Any Councillors out there?

I made a complaint before ranting on here, but would love to be better informed.

Oh do stop ranting Malumbu

malumbu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Loads of cars parked on the double yellows on Rye

> Lane as usual. Three Southwark Parking

> Enforcement Officers. Are you going to do

> anything I ask? Oh we are just here with regards

> to waste collection.

>

> Can anyone enlighten me about what the point of

> them is?

>

> And do you care about your council tax being

> wasted?

>

> I'm picking my own fight with my local authority,

> Lewisham. Deterrents, priories, proportionality

> discretion etc. Not perfect but from what I saw

> tonight Southwark are taking the p.

>

> Any Councillors out there?

>

> I made a complaint before ranting on here, but

> would love to be better informed.

>

> Oh do stop ranting Malumbu

Doh...Please heed your own advice?

Ah you must be one of those rrrsss who couldn't give a fig about the rule of law, and endangering others. I'd hoped for some insight into how Southwark enforce parking. Here's a video you appeared on in the 70s.

Sadly I couldn'd find another public information film, something to do with driving like a twot in fog, and the person knows the rules (don't walk on the grass) but ignores it.

Anyway perhaps there may be a Southwark resident who does care.

Malumbu - having paid attention to recent posts I?m getting the impression you?re a glass half empty type?

Seriously worried about your blood pressure.

Sending you some calm and positivity :) in lieu of therapeutic (?) forum ranting.

HP

Shhh

You'll give ammunition to others.

Southwark has sent me a nice acknowledgment so I'll keep you all posted. I know how interested you find this!

Other things I rant about - Ryanair, I already have a separate thread.

Air quality - I've done quite a lot, but there are too many threads on this site.

Damage to the cycle path on Rye Lane. Gave up some time ago as I couldn't get anything out of TfL and Southwark. Most of the damage is due to buses mounting the cycle path.

Cycling in London as a whole - lots of threads here to get involved in. Elephant and Castle was a particular passion but they've magically improved the phasing. I do write thank you letters too.

Life is too short to get involved in other causes.

Oh Malumbu, you are such a consumer hero. And entertaining too.

Renata Hamvas Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There are cameras along Rye Lane, so even if

> offenders don't get picked up by one of the

> regular traffic patrols, they are are likely to

> get a ticket in the post!

> Renata

I arrived at the venue for the first Friday of the month ward councillor surgery at about 6.50pm. No Cllr was present. The first Friday of the month was the 6/4/18, no?

There are serious issues in the vicinity of that venue that relate to the subject of this thread that I came to highlight with yourself Cllr Dr. Hamvas or your colleague, hence me attaching to this thread.

Could you, or your colleague, also remedy the fact that there is no information on the notice board regarding ward councillor surgery timetables

Hi Pipsky, there have been issues with the opening of the TRA hall as there is currently no TRA. I'm sorry you turned up and no-one was there. There are two Peckham Rye Ward surgeries this month. 10am this Saturday at The East Dulwich Community centre on Darrell Rd and at Nunhead Library on Thursday 26th at 6.30pm (I'm doing this one).

I think the notices have been taken down as we are in the run up to the local elections (3rd May). There will be new surgery locations/times from May.

I would suggest you email me with your enquiry on [email protected] so that I may assist you with it.

Thanks

Renata

I have watched parking enforcement officers look at parents parked outside the new Harris primary school. Parents were parked on double yellow lines and had engines running. There were enough cars breaking the rules for a day?s worth of tickets. The ?officers? walked on by and did nothing.