Message to Administrator

Blah Blah

If you mean calling out Peckhamguy as a neo-nazi sympathiser, then take a look at that 'poster' thread and see where it comes from. And someone else has posted pretty much the same thing as I did in response to his self recommendation, but you have not deleted that post or blocked that person have you?

Indeed. My post has gone as well now (although I don't care because his has too). I'm struggling to see what the Admin's issue here is though. My post was utterly factual - Frank has actually said in writing, in public, on this forum that he doesn't see anything wrong with a neo-nazi website. If you're taking a fine turn in semantics, you might say that Blah describing his view as being a neo-nazi sympathiser is a step further, but I think you'd struggle to find a judge who'd agree.

What would be acceptable Admin? Posting a copy of what Frank wrote on any of those threads? Or indeed Blah posting a factual account of what message (s)he was sent by Sean and the context of its receipt without connecting the dots? It's very important that people who might use this forum for services are informed as to who they are hiring.

And whilst it it can't be defamation if its true, it may well be criminal if it's threatening and/or supporting a procscribed group. I can't help but think the wrong people were targeted here, both from a moral and legal standpoint.

Can't see anything to disagree with in the above from P.O.U.S. Anecdotally, having once employed an electrician who saw fit to make racial jokes about my (second generation England born but of Asian heritage) wife, I'd be glad to know of tradesmen who hold such opinions.

Thank you for the support POUS and Rendel. I could easily go to the Police with the threatening private messages. And as you say, who would want someone who behaves like that working for them? This is partly why I don't understand why the two accounts behave in the way they do outside of the trades section.

I don't post that much, There are a couple of coversations in the General Issues and Lounge that I follow. I'm not a prolific poster. My wife spends more time on the forum in other sections. Yet I have been blocked from EVERY section but the Lounge. On what grounds?

I would support anyone making a stand against an apologist for a neo-nazi group. I think most decent people would. As PeckhamGuy, or Frank or whatever his name is has shown, not only does he see nothing wrong in that neo-nazi group, but he also laughs at, and ridicules the middle classes that he says dominate this forum, when challenged on it. That would be the same middle class forum users he is always chasing for work in the trades section then. And that is why, on seeing his latest gawking effort this morning, I decided to signpost a couple of his trades posts to the kind of person he really is. I am sure I am not the only person to think he has gone far enough.

• Administrator

Look, he's obviously a knob and he's been banned. Other people on the forum don't give a toss about what goes on in the Lounge and so you do not go around the rest of the forum saying people are neo-nazi sympathisers. You report the post, simple, you do not go all vigilante and start spray painting the forum with your judgement on others.

If he has broken the law report him to the police. If he says he has an opinion on something that's his opinion, disagree and debate. If he starts sprouting neo-nazi rubbish then report him to the authorities and we at the forum will more than happily help them with their enquiries.

P.O.U.S.theWonderCat, your post was factual and fine hower Blah Blah whinged about it so I removed it.

What are you taiking about Administrator? I have never been warned about anything? I don't even know what you are talking about above! I am reporting Sean of Dulwich now to you for threatening behaviour. I can send you all of the pms. You still have not given me a reason for locking me out of EVERY area of the forum, no good one anyway. Are you going to lift the block?

.....and, are you those other previous forum names?

Blah Blah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What are you taiking about Administrator? I have

> never been warned about anything? I don't even

> know what you are talking about above! I am

> reporting Sean of Dulwich now to you for

> threatening behaviour. I can send you all of the

> pms. You still have not given me a reason for

> locking me out of EVERY area of the forum, no good

> one anyway. Are you going to lift the block?

Still no lifting of the block?

Btw I had to go back three years to find that username and there is a whole section of that person being accused of being me (I think it was around the time I joined this forum oddly). No proof offered and what looks some bullying going on as well. Seriously, not good.

The only way to conclusively prove that two users are the same is if they they both use the same static IP address. I don't think data protection law allows sharing that info, but I use a dynamic IP which changes every so often automatically, and it is possible for any dynamic IP to be used by others over time. This is also why blocking people doesn't really work either. They can just come back from a different dynamic IP (as no doubt PG will) if they are determined to be disruptive.