Switching to bulb energy

twinhunters

I am with bulb and think they are great. Never need to wait long on a phone line. I am pretty organised at giving them a reading every month. The app is easy to use. My bills are tiny bit cheaper than when I was with bg and I was on the special money saving expert/Martin Lewis bulk deal with them. We both get money off if you use a friend?s link. Here is mine https://bulb.co.uk/refer/giacomelli (bit cheeky but hey you asked!)

I use a service called Flipper, they move me automatically when I can save money. It costs ?50 a year but they'll only charge you if they save you more than ?100. They've moved me twice in the last two and a half years and I've been very impressed with the service.

• 1 month later...

Thinking it was bad move , just had first bill and although my gas stayed roughly what I expected

My electric for a month is ?241.66 that's my normal for 3 months , readings correct , but I know something is wrong can't contact them until Monday . Does anyone know if smart meter fitted by British gas should still be accurate. As it's not showing a increase in electricity used.

twinhunters Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thinking it was bad move , just had first bill and

> although my gas stayed roughly what I expected

> My electric for a month is ?241.66 that's my

> normal for 3 months , readings correct , but I

> know something is wrong can't contact them until

> Monday . Does anyone know if smart meter fitted by

> British gas should still be accurate. As it's not

> showing a increase in electricity used.

How did you get on with this, as I was thinking of switching to Bulb too?!

that is a huge amount for electricity - unless you have some furtive hydroponics going on in the attic. First bills often have adjustments on them for previous estimates etc- best to check whether the previous supplier has credited you back anything as well - ours did some stuff to correct the accounts after handover