Blunt speaking. What's the point pf points on knives?

Captain Marvel

Most people (if they want) can make a curved end knife - which can be lethal enough on its own - into a pointed blade.

I'm still positive about the petition though - well done.

I carried a knife when I was younger, and even used it once. I was also injured in a knife fight. Knives are very useful indeed but they are horrid for many...

Captain Marvel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I certainly never use the point of my kitchen

> knives. What's the point?

Cutting onions properly needs a pointy knife. Cutting squishy tomatoes. Cutting pastry. Stabbing the top of those film covered trays for microwaves. Opening a bag of frozen peas. Loads of things.

What tiny, weeny percentage of knives are used in a bad way?? And if we did ban them, how quickly before they found something else to attack each other with, making the whole exercise entirely - and rather ironically - pointless.

Blunt knives more dangerous than sharp ones around the kitchen.

I've a habit of breaking the ends of kitchen knives through using them for inappropriate DIY. You notice the lack of a point when cutting stuff as Loz has mentioned above.

Poor Damilola Taylor was killed with a broken bottle, if people want to commit violence they'll find something to do it with. Education and intervention are the key, taking the points off knives I don't think would make a jot of difference (and as Loz points out, there are myriad kitchen tasks that require a pointed knife).