power tooling

Elphinstone's Army

Is there a curfew/cut off point for power tooling, does anyone know? I really thought he would finish at 7 but no...

also does this extend to Sunday?

I am astonished that anyone moving into a ground floor flat with such close neighbours would be so disrespectful.

We understand that work needs to be done, but this is tortuous.

We have been round to remonstrate but apparently he has ear defenders and cannot hear or chooses not to.

If you have builders IN then they are supposed to follow the Southwark rules

0800-1800 Monday to Friday

0800-1330 Saturday

NOTHING on Sundays or Bank Holidays.

However- if the owner-occupier is DIY-ing then it is a matter of consideration and as said before there will be clauses in a tenancy agreement

You could have a chat to the Southwark Noise Team (tel: 0207 525 5777) as they may be able to intervene, especially if it happens again/regularly. I had an inconsiderate neighbour (newly arrived as well) drilling at 10pm not so long ago. The Noise Team were very helpful. Also, why not knock on his door when he's about but not drilling or drop in a note with the Southwark limitations for construction noise:

'Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm

Saturdays 9am to 2pm

Sundays and Bank Holidays no works'

[http://www.southwark.gov.uk/noise-and-antisocial-behaviour/construction-noise]

thank you for replies - this noisy newcomer has bought the gf flat so tenancy rules will notapply.

The Southwark rules apply to construction and not diy.

I was online for an hour yesterday attempting to clarify rules.

I do not understand people who move into a property ina closely packed residential area whenpeople want to enjoy their gardens and balconies in this heat, on a BH weekend and make noise and diy with total disregard for close neighbours. He was working until 9pm last night.

Today it was banging hammering and drilling.

It is monumentally selfish - no one would care during the week.

A note through the door to say, we have just moved in there will benoise and disturbance, sorry ? would have been a warning.

He has been inside today Ilona but with windows open of course.

We have tried knocking but no response.

I will tell him that every time (every few minutes) a door slams shut it reverberates through the house.

It is so thick skinned, not neighbourly or considerate.

I realise that noise is relative and those of you at the PRP end could also be suffering

thank you for replies and suggestions