Forum Sponsors

Francis Stone – Independent Mortgage Brokers
xxxx
http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Your Local Personal Trainer

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
messageLouisa - is this the end?
Posted by Louisa 28 May, 2018 14:13

Once again, it appears admin has seen fit to remove me permanently to The Lounge.

This time, no warning, no explanation, no compassion.

I have struggled my way through these past few months trying my best to enhance discussion on this forum. Encouraging debate on days when the forum is almost completely abandoned by everyone. Ive managed to rip apart convention, heal wounds, bring people together, and yes, at times be somewhat controversial. I dont apologise for this.

The price? Yet another working class voice silenced in the name of middle ground dullness. Controversy and bluntness shoved by the wayside, in favour of quiet sameness. Dull and pointless agreement. Is there any reason in me staying around if I am confined to The Lounge like a criminal on tag?

I sit here in the garden, in the sun, pondering what I have done that is so bad as to be once more imprisoned in this way, just for having opinions. Its not the drink talking, this is a genuinely perplexed me wondering what Ive done wrong.

Have my forum days finally come to an end? Or should I wait until the magic 10k and self implode?

Louisa.

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by Robert Poste's Child 28 May, 2018 14:22

I didn't notice anything. Which thread was it?

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by Louisa 28 May, 2018 14:26

Its almost certainly because I had a different opinion to Mark on the thread about this festival in the park. Apparently, people arent allowed opinions on here anymore. We all have to agree.

Louisa.

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by Robert Poste's Child 28 May, 2018 15:00

I don't see any outrageous comments from you, in fact I agree with what you said. How strange. Maybe whoever was on Admin duty at the time was under 30 as the thread seems to be biased towards younger people rather than being inclusive.

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by rendelharris 28 May, 2018 15:16

I think Admin does a great job and am very grateful for it, given the amount of entertainment and information to be had from this forum, but I can't see anything in your occasional spats any worse than mine or those of dozens of others on here, to be honest, and yours are a lot more mild than some.

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by DulwichFox 28 May, 2018 15:45

I think that the job of ANY Moderator on Any Forum is to insure that post do not contain any Offensive comments,

such as Racist, Sexist, Homophobic .. comments (I'm not sure if there is an -ism for remarks against any religion)
Comments that are offensive to certain groups of people.

I have Never seen Louisa say anything that would deem to be offensive.
I do not think anyone should be Banned, Blocked, banished for expressing an opinion.
Thats what forums are for. Discusion. The drop in posting on EDF (and there has been a Great reduction)
may well be due to people too frightend to speak out for fear of being blocked.

Nothing wrong with a good bit of Banter. Jesus, take a look how they go on in the House Of Commons. lol


Foxy.

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by diable rouge 28 May, 2018 16:20

Regarde moi! Regarde moi!...

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by flocker spotter 28 May, 2018 16:32

better get michael mansfield onto this miscarriage of justice pronto.

#memememegate

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by dbboy 28 May, 2018 17:47

I found a song..................Hi-Gloss - You'll Never Know

Louisa, hope this cheers you up, have a bop in the garden, seriously please stay, you'd be missed

[www.youtube.com]

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by Robert Poste's Child 28 May, 2018 18:23

DulwichFox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I have Never seen Louisa say anything that would
> deem to be offensive.

On this point I can't agree! I'm assuming you don't identify as middle class or a @#$%&...

> The drop in
> posting on EDF (and there has been a Great
> reduction)

Has there? Isn't it just the Lounge? The other sections seem as busy as ever.

ETA: Hilarious! I had no idea that the forum converts the term Louisa used to use for incomers into that. See Louisa, you can't go - you have your own expletive!



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2018:05:28:18:33:12 by Robert Poste's Child.

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by Administrator 28 May, 2018 20:55

Bravo Louisa, your opening comments put other martyrs to shame "Struggle", "class", "criminal" and "imprisoned" you get lots of them in there.

I really can't be bothered for another discussion about this but the complaints I get and the "please ask Louisa to wind her neck in" requests just get tiresome. You're not banned, you're just confined to the Lounge where you can continue to encourage debate, heal wounds, disarm despots of their nuclear arsenals and bring people together etc but stay out the rest of the forum where the everyone is quite happy getting on with stuff without you.

--------------------
The Administrator
______________________
Help & FAQ's - Terms of use

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by JoeLeg 28 May, 2018 21:13

To be fair Louisa, you do bang the same drum *a lot*, and as Ive said to you before, theres no law against the changes that ED has gone through and there never was. You seem awfully bitter about something that you - and I - can do nothing about, whatever our feelings.

All that being said, people who send complaints to Admin about you are - in my opinion - forgetting that this is the internet...

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by hammerman 28 May, 2018 23:31

Very strange last two posts from The Admin and JoeLeg - are they one and the same?

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by Sue 28 May, 2018 23:43

No

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by diable rouge 28 May, 2018 23:47

*Removes invisibility cloak and puts down French dictionary*

At least she can't blame The Clique this time, as they've all fooked off...smiling smiley

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by Quia Differt 29 May, 2018 00:48

The Bland leading The Bland smiling smiley

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by dbboy 29 May, 2018 06:23

Louisa has unfortunately left the building.

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by Quia Differt 29 May, 2018 09:00

Louisa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Once again, it appears admin has seen fit to
> remove me permanently to The Lounge.
>
> This time, no warning, no explanation, no
> compassion.
>
> I have struggled my way through these past few
> months trying my best to enhance discussion on
> this forum. Encouraging debate on days when the
> forum is almost completely abandoned by everyone.
> Ive managed to rip apart convention, heal wounds,
> bring people together, and yes, at times be
> somewhat controversial. I dont apologise for
> this.
>
> The price? Yet another working class voice
> silenced in the name of middle ground dullness.
> Controversy and bluntness shoved by the wayside,
> in favour of quiet sameness. Dull and pointless
> agreement. Is there any reason in me staying
> around if I am confined to The Lounge like a
> criminal on tag?
>
> I sit here in the garden, in the sun, pondering
> what I have done that is so bad as to be once more
> imprisoned in this way, just for having opinions.
> Its not the drink talking, this is a genuinely
> perplexed me wondering what Ive done wrong.
>
> Have my forum days finally come to an end? Or
> should I wait until the magic 10k and self
> implode?
>
> Louisa.

Just remember Louisa...

And in the end
The love you take
Is equal to the love
You make
..............Ringo and The Gang....

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by JohnL 29 May, 2018 10:10

Aww feel a bit sad - never really felt any hate from Louisa personally (I don't know what class I am - I work, but I get paid OK to do it, but I spend it irresponsibly)

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by Quia Differt 29 May, 2018 10:45

JohnL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Aww feel a bit sad - never really felt any hate
> from Louisa personally (I don't know what class I
> am - I work, but I get paid OK to do it, but I
> spend it irresponsibly)

She hasn't actually gone though JohnL , I hope, has she ?

It must be very difficult for Admin if they are in the individious situation of keeping the good Burghers of Dulwich happy though and if they receive complaints, may feel compelled to act on them.

I, also, presumably, have been the victim of Admin receiving the equivalent of " Whispers in the Locker Room as I, also, have recently been confronted by " you do not have permission to post on this Forum" which refers to all Fora outside The Lounge though I ,genuinely, don't know why and, clearly, circa 2018 am not going to be given an explanation.
This is the antithesis of the way I operate because I communicate and explain everything, however negative, to someone and directly, in real life, by phone or person, as well. No cowardly,weak or cold texts or E-Mails...

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by flocker spotter 29 May, 2018 10:52

in the big world of internet, this is a fairly lightly policed forum - more crown control admin than the steel fist of respecting my authority meme. have a look at other very local forums not a million miles from here, where you needed to provide ID to register and then be subject to the horror of a randist admin team.

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by Robert Poste's Child 29 May, 2018 10:54

I'm sorry to see Louisa go. Although others - including me at times - may not agree with her views, I admire her outspokenness and the fact she's always true to herself and pretty consistent in what she says. Rare qualities in this forum and the country these days. Younger forumites may not know that these are qualities that used to be recognised as essentially British, but these days most of us seem to have become too soft to be able to listen to anything we find uncomfortable - again, me included.

In other words: 'I disagree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it.'



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2018:05:29:10:55:44 by Robert Poste's Child.

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by cella 29 May, 2018 11:18

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm sorry to see Louisa go. Although others -
> including me at times - may not agree with her
> views, I admire her outspokenness and the fact
> she's always true to herself and pretty consistent
> in what she says. Rare qualities in this forum and
> the country these days. Younger forumites may not
> know that these are qualities that used to be
> recognised as essentially British, but these days
> most of us seem to have become too soft to be able
> to listen to anything we find uncomfortable -
> again, me included.
>
> In other words: 'I disagree with what you say but
> will defend to the death your right to say it.'


In theory sometimes.......

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by Robert Poste's Child 29 May, 2018 11:32

Of course, that applies equally to everyone else's right to express a viewpoint and to disagree, debate, be convinced or just agree to disagree!

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by Administrator 29 May, 2018 15:08

Quia Differt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I, also, presumably, have been the victim of Admin
> receiving the equivalent of " Whispers in the
> Locker Room as I, also, have recently been
> confronted by " you do not have permission to
> post on this Forum" which refers to all Fora
> outside The Lounge though I ,genuinely, don't know
> why and, clearly, circa 2018 am not going to be
> given an explanation.
> This is the antithesis of the way I operate
> because I communicate and explain everything,
> however negative, to someone and directly, in real
> life, by phone or person, as well. No
> cowardly,weak or cold texts or E-Mails...

It's because in your previous incarnation as the skin-crawling misogynist casual-racist Tony London Suburbs you were banned for making the forum an unpleasant place to be. Now you've come back the admin team have allowed you a second chance because we're nice like that.

--------------------
The Administrator
______________________
Help & FAQ's - Terms of use

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by edcam 29 May, 2018 15:27

LOL at Tony LS being caught out!

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by Quia Differt 29 May, 2018 15:41

edcam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> LOL at Tony LS being caught out! Not really Sherlock. lol

I used exactly the same E-Mail address on returning and if you read my posts I did not conceal where I lived or anything else .

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by Administrator 29 May, 2018 15:43

Quia Differt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I used exactly the same E-Mail address on returning

Untruth

--------------------
The Administrator
______________________
Help & FAQ's - Terms of use

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by Quia Differt 29 May, 2018 15:55

Administrator

It's because in your previous incarnation as the
skin-crawling misogynist casual-racist Tony London
Suburbs you were banned for making the forum an
unpleasant place to be. Now you've come back the
admin team have allowed you a second chance
because we're nice like that.

In that case. Thank You.

Don't worry I would not dream of being put on the defensive to justify my views based on living in London since The Mid-1950's because I have noticed that while people outside a Forum might enjoy a vigorous Debate on various contentious and unspoken issues I fully realise that The Lounge is not a place where people state their views unless they are going to be endorsed and supported whole-heartedly so I respect that.

messageRe: Louisa - is this the end?
Posted by Quia Differt 29 May, 2018 15:59

Administrator Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Quia Differt Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > I used exactly the same E-Mail address on
> returning
>
> Untruth .

At the end of the day this is your Forum and you have taken on the , sometimes, thankless , task of being The Administrator but I have always used my name in any E-Mail so while, I empthasize I have no desire at all to labour the point and continue this dialogue, that can not be true.
You are , genuinely, telling me I used another name ? That, simply, can not be true as I am the only one with access to any computer I own and that always been the case.

Just to edit the above the only thing I can think of is that one was my full name with ".co.uk" after it and the current one has ".com". but that is not, presumably, what you meant as the name is exactly the same .



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2018:05:29:16:04:25 by Quia Differt.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum