Daily swim

heartblock

I would like to swim every morning at Dulwich Leisure Centre, I used to go, but noticed that the cleaning, showers, pool were all becoming dirtier. Is it better now and can you just pay for a swim deal with them or do you have to pay for swim and gym.

Thank you for any feedback in advance.

heartblock Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is it better now and can you just pay for a swim

> deal with them or do you have to pay for swim and

> gym.

As far as I know the only options are swimming, gym and exercise classes in a bundle or swimming and gym together, no swimming only membership.

If you're a Southwark resident you can use it free all day Friday and afternoons Saturday and Sunday. Sometimes I swim three times a week and just pay for one day off peak (?4.40), so average ?1.47 a swim.

Over-60s get more discounts; not sure what they are but if it applies to you perhaps you can get away without a membership.

I love the lido, but didn?t really get on with the women?s facilities- changing area and lockers. Found it difficult for me. Also gets a bit crazy, busy in the Summer and slightly too far for a daily 20 min swim, but it is a fantastic local spot and I?m glad it?s open and thriving. Dulwich is working out fine, so thank you everyone for your comments and help.

Maybe JAGs has changed, but I was a member a while back and the early mornings were very restrictive for lane swimming. It was also the same price as a place I used to go to when working at the Royal Brompton in pricey Chelsea, but at the Chelsea gym you got a towel, lovely changing rooms and could swim anytime, so I left JAGs in the end as the pool was unavailable when I could go and it didn?t offer enough for the price. I liked the pool though, so if it has changed I might try again.