Favourite bar in Peckham?

poch

Anyone got a particular favourite? Or could share a hidden gem? Am looking for a birthday party venue - somewhere that looks nice, with a nice atmosphere, where I can hopefully reserve some tables/space. Also hoping to play some music....

Have looked at Near and Far at the Levels, the new Nines, and Peckham Springs but if anyone has any bright ideas, they'd be gratefully received! Thanks.

Poch, maybe you could change the title to Pub suitable for a party? The other ones I know of are the Ivyhouse, Waverley Arms (small room) and Earl of Derby at the Telegraph (also has an upstairs room). These are all in the Nunhead area, at the moment I can't think of a Peckham one with a separate area.

It's a bit more in deepest darkest Peckham on Commercial Way, but I used to love going in the Duke of Sussex. It's run (or at least was a couple of years ago) by an awesome Irish chap called Finton. He would be happy to allocate a space. It's a great pub, friendly staff, will do food and I'm sure he wouldn't mind you playing your own music for a few hours too.

• 2 weeks later...
Batch is a great bar - you get a free glass of prosecco on arrival, Phil is passionate about his back bar, great cocktails and music. And love the fact that they provide plates and cutlery for you when you bring in your own food. We had a delicious takeout from Banh Banh just a couple of doors down. Highly recommended!

fishbiscuits Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Batch looks intriguing, but has never been open

> when I've gone past. Do you know what the opening

> hours/days are?

Generally not open on Sundays (but was while the world cup was on), not sure about Mondays, other days generally from 6pm.

• 5 months later...

New favourite is this amazing place in Copeland Park. Well tucked away, but so worth finding.

http://kanpai.london/

Downstairs they brew stunning, award-winning sake and upstairs they have a tap room where you can sample the freshest sake you?ll ever taste in this country. We also tried a gorgeous sake-based cocktail. You can slurp some of their Barman?s Ramen while you drink.

Only open at the weekend, but an absolute gem!

The pizza is OK... it's not exactly a gourmet destination. Think enormous Pizza Hut style pizzas, cut into slices and re-heated when you order them. Consider it fast food, you won't be disappointed. And I quite like American style pizza, anyway.

You can go in just for drinks too - in fact I think a lot of people do. It's really just a large bar with a counter at the end serving pizza.