Help! Ideas needed for a grown up day in London!

newbestfriend

My husband and I have a child free day and night planned in London on Thursday and have no idea what to do. I'm terrified we are going to waste our time wandering around and not sure where to go.

We have a vague plan for cocktails and dinner in soho but would really appreciate ideas for things to do in the afternoon or great spots for a snifter and luxurious dinner? Thanks all!

See a play? On Thursday there's usually a matinee as well as an evening performance so you could do that before dinner.

Or have afternoon tea in the Parlour at Fortnum & Mason. Gorgeous ice cream and much cheaper than posh tea on the top floor.

If the weather's good you could take the Thames Clipper to Greenwich and time the return journey for sunset.

Or have tea in the big atrium thing at the Royal Opera House.

Or hire Boris bikes and cycle around the City.

Or walk around the Inns of Court.

Or spend an hour or two walking around Spitalfields Market looking at the stalls and having something to eat from the food stalls.

All lovely.

Have a wander around Hyde Park and take in the free art available indoors and out.

Pop over to Regent's Park and see the outdoor sculpture exib and take a wander along the canal, maybe have a boat ride.

Walk either side of the south bank and end up in Somerset House/Courtauld.