Chapel of Rest - Buddug

Administrator

• Administrator

Hi

I have some sad news that a long time contributor to the forum, Buddug died last week. We received an email from her sister who asked us to post this as her sister "loved being part of your community"

"I am writing with great sadness to inform you that Buddug (my sister) has been involved in a car accident. Sadly, she sustained such great injuries that she only survived the week and passed away Tuesday morning at 2.30am at the Birmingham Queen Elizabeth hospital. She had left East Dulwich a year ago and moved to the Shropshire countryside to run her own B and B. She had an amazing year, living her dream, and was fully booked this summer, achieving so much in such a short time. Friends and community mattered a lot to Anne and I know she valued the interactions and friendships she made through this forum. "

Her last post was a couple of months ago:

--------------

Who's been using the forum for ten years or more?

Posted by buddug June 13

I was on the forum for well over 10 years I think. Happy days, most of the time! Am still mortified by my Sainsbury's avocado thread! 😱! And I still cherish my face to face meeting with Strafer Jack (also no longer here) in the Palmerston - it was quite emotional and uplifting. I Continue to follow you all but have moved to the South Shropshire Hills and set up a B&B. It's beautiful here but I still miss ED/Peckham borders though don't regret move. In fact I always maintain that nearby Ludlow is like ED in the country! And yes, I am still editing my posts - old habits die hard...

--------------

Thank you for being a part of our community Anne / Buddug

Ach. This is horrible on so many levels

Creating and succeeding in a new life is something to be admired. To have that taken away so soon...

Anne/buddug and I clashed on here many times. Almost exclusively clashed. Rarely if ever s meeting of minds.

But something about her transcended forum pettiness. So I challenged her to meet up for a drink. And we did. And it was a long and memorable evening. Even now, how many years later?

We didn?t meet and simper. We locked the same horns we did on the forum and we enjoyed it. We did bond over it. It reminded me of the forum?s early days where people who didn?t know each other would throw caution to the wind. Meet and be damned!

I was thrilled when I learned what she did in a new life. I?m gutted at how prematurely that ended

RIP Anne

Anne lived in oglander road before she moved, we had our own face to face disagreements that ended in a hug. Such sad news, she was known and liked by all her neighbours and her 2 little dogs. Condolences to all Anne's family and friends. RIP