What place do you like the most?

DulCool1

Hello everyone!

I haven't seen such post on this forum so I will be the first. What place in East Dulwich do you like the most? You can share everything beginning on parks, pubs etc. I hope I will know some new ones that I can visit soon!

Hello DulCool1. Hello Everyone.

DC, I'm curious to know what your first language is.

And as a sort of answer to your question... I used to cycle up Dog Kennel Hill each day on my way to work. However I felt when I left home there was something heartening in seeing the view uphill with the treeline meeting the sky. And then, some years ago, they built an apartment block two thirds of the way up the hill, with an upper storey that extended even above the treeline. And that view disappeared for ever.

Hope and Greenwood used to be my absolute favourite place. Now I love the Japanese Garden in Peckham Rye Park. I love the cinema. I love Brick House Bakery, the Forest shop on Frogley and Pearspring. I?m also growing rather fond of the new cafe in Peckham Rye Park. Not for the menu in particular but for the view.

I don't shop there (my wife likes the vegan food stall though) but I've always loved the energy of North Cross Road market on a Saturday morning, especially since it's revival thanks to our local councillors amongst others a few years ago. It's super friendly, attracts a lot of people from outside the area and although it's very small, there's lots to see, hear and smell - a real feast for the senses! I miss the cat with the pirate collar that used to stroll around near the chemists, was so sad to hear it passed away.

I've lived here since 1996. I still love the view from the Horniman Museum Gardens (although just outside SE22) more than anything. I also love Nunhead Cemetery and Crystal Palace Park for a wander (again, not SE22 but close enough). In terms of businesses, I would say Farmers, Franklins, Thai Corner Cafe, the Great Exhibition, Greetings, Willow, Karavan, St Christopher's. All the other bars and restaurants seem to change hands frequently.