Sat, 22nd September: The People?s Walk for Wildlife - Central London

IlonaM

'This Saturday 22 September we can take our country walks to central London to make sure politicians see just how much we care about our animals.

The People?s Walk for Wildlife will start at 12pm with ?infotainment? from some of the top names in the world of wildlife. Then there will be a family-friendly walk winding through the streets of London. Animal costumes and face paints are encouraged! Would you like to come Ilona?

Here are the details:

Sat, 22nd September

10am: Gather at Reformers' Tree, Hyde Park, London

12 noon: Infotainment

1pm: Walk: Hyde Park Corner, Piccadilly, St James, Pall Mall, Cockspur St, Whitehall

2pm: Finish at Richmond Terrace

Every year is important for our wildlife. But this year is even more so. Brexit means big decisions that will impact on our wildlife for generations to come. New laws will be passed. It could be make or break for our bees, birds, and badgers. So now is a great time to show our politicians how much we love nature.

Since the 1960s our wildlife numbers have been decimated. We?ve lost over 44 million birds and half of our hedgehogs [2]. When we go on our country walks we?re no longer hearing the sounds of nature our parents and grandparents enjoyed. It will take people power to stop this.'

See https://speakout.38degrees.org.uk/campaigns/4299?utm_source=email&utm_medium=blast&utm_campaign=13_9_2018_walkforwildlife_brexit&bucket=email-blast-13_9_2018_walkforwildlife_brexit&utm_source=&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=blast2018-09-19

' Brexit means big decisions that will impact on our wildlife for generations to come. New laws will be passed. It could be make or break for our bees, birds, and badgers. '

I was interested in this until I read this scaremongering bit from the Remoaners camp....you have NO IDEA about what the impact of Brexit will be on our wildlife- the biggest threat is overpopulation and the inevitable demand for housing- we are the most densely populated country in the EU...I wonder why?

uncleglen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> ' Brexit means big decisions that will impact on

> our wildlife for generations to come. New laws

> will be passed. It could be make or break for our

> bees, birds, and badgers. '

> I was interested in this until I read this

> scaremongering bit from the Remoaners camp....you

> have NO IDEA about what the impact of Brexit will

> be on our wildlife- the biggest threat is

> overpopulation and the inevitable demand for

> housing- we are the most densely populated country

> in the EU...I wonder why?

F56k's sake, is there nothing you can't make about immigration? Such an utter monomaniacal bore.

On the actual topic, the Government has had to pass protection for wildlife in order to conform with EU directives - occasionally even having to be taken to court to make it fulfil its obligations, for example in the case of the harbour porpoise. We have a government that refuses to raise taxes in order to put adequate police on the streets to protect the human population, and you believe that without regulatory oversight it's going to do anything to protect hen harriers or stag beetles? Good luck with that.

ETA The UK isn't the most densely populated country in the EU. If you want to use the weasel methodology of the ignorant far right (and I'm sure you do) and say you're just referring to England, we're still second to the Netherlands. In any case, population densities are extremely relative: Spain, for example, has an extremely low population density, but that's because large areas of it are desert or sub-desert and to all intents and purposes uninhabitable. China is only 80th in the world. But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of a good old "it's all dem immigants' fault" whine - you never do.