Forum Wars

LordMayow

Good evening. There's some forum sparring going down in my neck of the woods. Local folk await with baited breath to see who will be The Ultimate Victor of the Forum Wars. It is an entertaing old read for those interested in forum dynamics.

https://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19235

https://se26.life/t/account-arbitrarily-deleted-from-sydenham-town-forum/869

It piqued my interest when I saw that the Sydeman.org bunch piped up that the colourful Mr Beach has previous for being booted off forums which led me to find mention of a historic incident involving the East Dulwich Forum

https://se23.life/t/east-dulwich-forum-vs-se23-life/8625/4

Having performed a search on this forum I have failed to unearth any further information. Would there buy anyone who would care to indulge me?

You say that but I fear there may be far more to it than pure playground antics. My take on the matter is that the .Life owner, namely the infamous Mr Beach is seeking to topple the older (more established yet also more antiquated) Sydenham forum and further establishing the .Life brand. I have not to date checked as to whether SE22.Life has been registered, is it a thing?

LordMayow Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You say that but I fear there may be far more to

> it than pure playground antics. My take on the

> matter is that the .Life owner, namely the

> infamous Mr Beach is seeking to topple the older

> (more established yet also more antiquated)

> Sydenham forum and further establishing the .Life

> brand. I have not to date checked as to whether

> SE22.Life has been registered, is it a thing?

SE22.life redirects to Chris Beach's local forum for Forest Hill.

I?m not sure I see the relevance of this thread to local EDF issues. It seems to exist just to stir things up and slag off the ?infamous Mr Beach?.

I moderate on se23.life after being asked to as a level-headed type soul. I?ve met Chris twice - while cleaning the wall for the Forest Hill mural and at a forum drink. At that point, he did live locally. There are a group of mods all who lived locally and some of which still do. We challenge each other and there?s more visibility of mod actions there than here -after discussion with the forum membership. We share different politics, hobbies and interests.

I suspect most forum members don?t care about the politics of them. I?m not particularly interested in either version of the SE26 forum as I don?t live or visit Sydenham. I belong to EDF because I live just inside Southwark and visit Lordship Lane.

I was on SE23.com for years and vaguely remember some of the disappearing members and arguments. But when it started to get very quiet, I stumbled across SE23.life which was more active, seemed friendlier, had more modern software and felt more relevant and open (eg allowing business recommendations etc).

I?m posting this as a reasonably active and long term member of three of the forums mentioned. for the suspicious minded (I?ve been here long enough to know there are a few) I?m not posting this because Chris has asked me to and I?m doing it as a local resident rather than with my mid hat on)

P.O.U.S.theWonderCat Wrote:

> Mr Beach has somehow rebranded himself locally IRL

> in SE23 as some sort of nice guy and Mr Community.

> Given some of the sickening views he displayed

> beforehand, I still find this mind-boggling.

Believe me I can speak with confidence when I say that there are few amongst us who consider Mr Beach to be a "nice guy"

Applespider Wrote:

> I?m not sure I see the relevance of this thread to

> local EDF issues. It seems to exist just to stir

> things up and slag off the ?infamous Mr Beach?.

>

Chris Beach has quite the history, I?m astonished you could stand to be in his company and not vomit.

Each to their own of course...

Applespider Wrote:

> I?m not sure I see the relevance of this thread to

> local EDF issues.

My curiosity got the better of me whilst following the currently relevant SE26 antics and I happened upon seeing something similarly untoward had happened to Mr Beach on this forum and I wanted to understand what happened better before I formed a judgement on the SE26 case. It would appear that there is a pattern and either Mr Beach suffers from extreme misfortune in the moderation of his posts on community forums or indeed there lies some fault on his part. It is becoming clear that Mr Beach has quite a reputation in these parts which has taken me somewhat by surprise!

I still don?t see the relevance to ED general issues other than stirring things elsewhere.

I?m quite sure most of us have met someone at some point who we have thought was fine but others find heinous. I tend not to vet every casual acquaintance?s personal history or views. I am sure most of us have a few skeletons in the closet.

All these cloak and dagger insinuations don?t feel particularly adult and I?m not sure why I?d give them more weight than the experience I?ve had. I?m not saying that I agree with Chris? approach or views at times but this doesn?t feel like an appropriate place to air dirty laundry where the person whose underwear it is can?t respond.

uncleglen Wrote:

> JohnL Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Oh no - just checked out his twitter and he he

> > just retweeted Julia Hartley-Brewer, Jacob

> > Rees-Mogg and Darren Crimes.

> >

> > That says it all for me.

>

> It would....

Cheer up snowflake! Go hang out with Mr Beach, he doesn?t like immigrants either.

Quite right Apple. We should all be tolerant of everyone's views. After all, telling a women she should have aborted her pregnancy because poor people shouldn't have children, or lauding Enoch Powell's Rivers of Blood speech is just a another point of view. Nothing wrong with that.

Good thing there are people like you to come and defend him. After all, it's not like he doesn't regularly come by here of his own accord anyway. Oh wait.

JoeLeg Wrote:

> uncleglen Wrote:

> -----

> > JohnL Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Oh no - just checked out his twitter and he

> he

> > > just retweeted Julia Hartley-Brewer, Jacob

> > > Rees-Mogg and Darren Crimes.

> > >

> > > That says it all for me.

> >

> > It would....

>

>

> Cheer up snowflake! Go hang out with Mr Beach, he

> doesn?t like immigrants either.

I think you need to look up 'snowflake' ....(typical snowflake getting everything a*se-upwards!)

Oh I did! And it came back with a description of gutless people who get really upset and all hurt feelings when other people point out what a hate-filled bigot they are.

Like I say, you and Chris Beach would get along really well.

You?re such a keyboard warrior, always ready to throw insults and fake news sound bites, but you?ve never once engaged in actual debate.

uncleglen Wrote:

> JoeLeg Wrote:

> -----

> > uncleglen Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > JohnL Wrote:

> > >

> >

>

> >

> > > -----

> > > > Oh no - just checked out his twitter and he

> > he

> > > > just retweeted Julia Hartley-Brewer, Jacob

> > > > Rees-Mogg and Darren Crimes.

> > > >

> > > > That says it all for me.

> > >

> > > It would....

> >

> >

> > Cheer up snowflake! Go hang out with Mr Beach,

> he

> > doesn?t like immigrants either.

>

> I think you need to look up 'snowflake'

> ....(typical snowflake getting everything

> a*se-upwards!)

Ah, I see we can add zero sense of irony or humour to the antisemitism, islamaphobia and hatred of immigrants.

The thread most likely does not make a jot of sense any longer in any case since the external posts I originally alluded to have now been extinguished. I hasten to add however that it would appear that Mr Beach is accustomed to folk being far less then courteous to him and in his own words he states that this behaviour does not bother him in the slighhtest

My evidence for this is presented via this linked site

https://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/has-your-stop-water-valve-been-painted-white-mystery-solved.347400/#post-14722640