Vote for Celia Hammond Animal Trust to win ?100k

bcam

So many of us on the East Dulwich Forum and in East Dulwich have adopted animals from Celia Hammond Animal Trust. They are an awesome "no-kill" animal rescue charity who receive no government support.

Animal Friends Pet Insurance are running a giveaway of ?100,000 to one of three charities, and Celia Hammond made the list.

Please please vote and share as much as you can to help Celia Hammond Animal Trust win this money. They do such incredible work and every penny will be put to the rescue and protection of vulnerable animals.

The link to vote is below:

https://www.animalfriends.co.uk/100kcharitygiveaway/

Sorry not voting for a cat charity. Too many of them doing damage to gardens, wildlife and homes. They are not pets they are using us for warmth and food. I get more attention from the neighbourhood foxes. And I have a cat from Celia Hammond so I'm pretty well informed.

But thanks for the link as I will probably vote for one of the other ones. (attempt to make a noise like a cat with claws out fighting).

Malumbu given you?re well informed about Celia Hammond then you must have seen the wall posters at the clinic educating people about neutering etc and that treatment for your cat there requires neutering. Here?s what their website says:

?The Trust's primary aim and objective is to humanely reduce the population of dogs and cats, both pedigree and mongrel, in the UK, by neutering.To qualify for treatment at our clinics your pet must be neutered or going to be neutered as soon as possible.

Given your concerns about wildlife, which I?m sure most people share, I?d have had thought you?d think this a good thing.

HP

Ahhhhh, you're "THAT" guy.

Well done.

malumbu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry not voting for a cat charity. Too many of

> them doing damage to gardens, wildlife and homes.

> They are not pets they are using us for warmth and

> food. I get more attention from the neighbourhood

> foxes. And I have a cat from Celia Hammond so I'm

> pretty well informed.

>

> But thanks for the link as I will probably vote

> for one of the other ones. (attempt to make a

> noise like a cat with claws out fighting).

Well that has told me HP Saucy, perhaps it may have been worth explaining this at the start of the post as I clearly haven't bothered reading the bumf. Laudable aims and objectives - sadly where do all these cats come from? Someone must be breeding them.

Out of order SE22cat - forum is for information and debate not insults you twit. Whoops.

malumbu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well that has told me HP Saucy, perhaps it may

> have been worth explaining this at the start of

> the post as I clearly haven't bothered reading the

> bumf. Laudable aims and objectives - sadly where

> do all these cats come from? Someone must be

> breeding them.

>

> Out of order SE22cat - forum is for information

> and debate not insults you twit. Whoops.

Wasn?t trying to be preachy - just didn?t want Celia Hammond?s rationale to pass people by and loose them any votes. Sadly too many cats and dogs not neutered. Took a stray in our road - apparently abandoned by owners couple of years before. Not neutered! Took him to Celia Hammond who kindly did neutering and vaccinations for us. He?s a really loving cat. Another lovely cat near us apparently kept to breed kittens to sell. Bloody irresponsible and then others have to deal with the problem.

Have three ex strays. Luckily none yet have shown signs of killing local wildlife larger than spiders although god knows what they really get up to outside.

HP

Hi Saucy, Thanks for the nice PM (which you sent accidentally) - I was touched! wrote you a longish reply sharing my experience of numerous rescue animals (most of the canine persuasion) but your inbox is full. Do clear your inbox and I'll resend. All nice and friendly, but too long for the thread here

Just a quick reminder to request votes for Celia Hammond! Currently, their X-Ray equipment is in dire need of replacing and with sick and injured cats arriving each day, this vital equipment could be replaced with the award.

They do such good charity work with no government funding, and this award would be life changing for the team and the animals in their care!

VOTE HERE: https://www.animalfriends.co.uk/100kcharitygiveaway/

I've voted on behalf of my Celia Hammond cat, snoozing by my feet as I type - thanks for drawing it to my attention, bcam. I'm surprised I didn't get an email urging me to vote from the Celia Hammond Trust itself as I'm sure I signed up to their mailing list at one point. I fear without a coordinated mobilisation campaign for their supporters they won't get enough votes to win. Or maybe I've just dropped off their list somehow... Anyway, all deserving causes, as Angelina says above.

Thank Redjam. A lot of the time resources are on social right now. Alongside pushing for the award, they're still running over-capacity rescue centres and clinics, so it's probably purely down to time.

It's awesome you voted tho, so thank you!