IQ

Lordlordship

Everyone?s thoughts please

Initiative Q is an attempt by ex-PayPal guys to create a new payment system instead of credit cards that were designed in the 1950s. The system uses its own currency, the Q, and to get people to start using the system once it's ready they are allocating Qs for free to people that sign up now (the amount drops as more people join - so better to join early). Signing up is free and they only ask for your name and an email address. There's nothing to lose but if this payment system becomes a world leading payment method your Qs can be worth a lot. If you missed getting bitcoin seven years ago, you wouldn't want to miss this.

Here is my invite link: https://initiativeq.com/invite/BbQxOXVpm

This link will stop working once I?m out of invites. Let me know after you registered, because I need to verify you on my end.

Previously on EDF ...

Re: Shopping centre rumour?

Posted by Lordlordship 22 October, 2014 21:11

Speaking to the changing room assistant in Brixton TK Maxx today and he said he was being transferred to a new store in the dog kennel hill area in the new year

JohnL Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I tap - but it's embarrassing when every 15 times

> you get "declined" because they want you to enter

> your pin.

>

> Beginning to go cash again.

But why is that embarrassing?

It's done for security reasons (in case someone steals your card and then makes a load of contactless payments).

Shop assistants and other shoppers know this, surely?

And anyway, if a contactless payment is declined, it will go through once you have put your PIN in.

It must happen to everybody!

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> JohnL Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I tap - but it's embarrassing when every 15

> times

> > you get "declined" because they want you to

> enter

> > your pin.

> >

> > Beginning to go cash again.

>

>

> But why is that embarrassing?

>

> It's done for security reasons (in case someone

> steals your card and then makes a load of

> contactless payments).

>

> Shop assistants and other shoppers know this,

> surely?

>

> And anyway, if a contactless payment is declined,

> it will go through once you have put your PIN in.

>

> It must happen to everybody!

Yes - it's a safety measure (and I needed it once)

In some pubs they let you tap then take the machine away before it goes through (usually the older slow readers) - so I had one poor barman chase me across a busy pub (I now wait a few moments first just in case).

I notice transport is never effected mind (if it's waiting key verification it still taps on busses and tubes)