What's your radio station?

Bellenden Belle

BBC London and Radio 4 here also. I like the Radio 4 comedy.

I'll also admit to being a massive aviation geek so I tend to tune into Heathrow and London City Approach, as well as other London TMA frequencies... yaawwwwn sorry.

Oh, and BBC7 to catch up on the old comedy.

BBC London for me, although can only agree about Danny vacating the breakfast show has led to a massive drop in interest. That Joanne Hood woman, I mean honestly...

Can't say I join the love for Vanessa - sometimes she does display here intelligent side but more often she is happy to stoke the flames of discontent out there. Eddie Nestor does a better job in that respect but in fainess both are a squillion miles better than John Gaunt

5 Live and 6 music are my other radio haunts. I used to love Radio 4 and like some of the comedy shows but the relentless obviousness of most of the news is to depressing. You know what everyone is going to say about any given subject before they say it

I am only relieved that Jono Coleman has left the London breakfast show. He was like an overgrown schoolboy - I found myself SCREAMING at the radio...

I used to enjoy Jo Good in the 10pm slot -it's all become very solemn now and has really lost its sense of fun.

Eddie Nestor has really grown on me.

I normally hate LBC but Jenny Eclair (when she isn't touring) does a great Saturday morning show - she recently said she was thinking of buying in East Dulwich (for investment purposes) and is always talking about South East London. And she's very witty.

BB.. the power of Vanessa has brought us together.

I completely agree RE bad press, though until I heard the radio show ('discovered' by Mrs *Bob* - credit where credit is due) I probably would have thought the same. There was something about her on television that just didn't work for me (and no, it's not some 'good face for radio' gag). Maybe on the radio she just gets to be herself instead of telly producers trying to crowbar her in to some staged format or other.

Suffice to say, as far as talk/phone-in shows go, I think she produces the best three hours you can hear on any station, day after day.

When I hear the dreaded words "I'm Jules Botfield - sitting-in for Vanessa", it really takes the shine off my day.

Xfm and radio 4. But the bloke who does the morning show on Xfm at the moment is terrible. Who is he? Lauren Laverne was better and just as good as Christian O'C in my opinion.

My one gripe with Xfm is the way they seem to play the same 3 records in rotation all day e.g. Killers, Razorlight, then some awful emo nonsense, then Killers again. You have to wait for the late night shows to hear the good stuff.

Radio 4 is good apart from when they are talking about antiques or Ranulph Fiennes or something.

I agree... I mainly listen to Xfm out of habit these days, but I'm liking it less and less. Tonks (Paul Tonkinson) is awful! Bring back Lauren, I liked her more than Christian O'Connell.

Radio 4 in the Keef household, sometimes 5live, but mainly for the footy.

XFM for music, but shows I have been gone a while, as didn't realise Lauren had left :-S Maybe she killed her self after her disasterous hosting of the NME awards this year!!!!

xfm was for me too but Lauren annoyed me in the end, same for Sarah Cox on radio1. I find myself listening to Jo Wiley these days whom I find quite soothing. As for Vanessa, yes she is very clever and eloquent but I also think the whole thing leaves people with a very bad taste in their mouths, its all a bit bitter. Did anyone see that documentry with her lovely boyfriend who was watching "who wants to be a millionaire" wearing pound shop shades. Have a word!

I'm busy washing me 'air that night I think

before this gets lounged for being off topic (oh wait, hang on...) I'll bring it back on topic by mentioning Natasha on Sunday mornings 6music (7-10 I think) is a great weekend show....

I was on my own one morning months ago and she was asking suggestions for The Quiet Zone (like a really mellow track) and I sent one in and forgot all about it. 2 weeks ago she said this next song comes from Sean in East Dulwich and then it came on and was...blissful (Until The Morning Comes by The Tindersticks since you didn't ask)

Actually that reminds me... update to Famous people in ED coming up

Will tune in Sunday I think. Its nice when something unexpected (although not that unexpected)like that happens.

I often have thoughts about getting interviewed for the radio where they ask me what I am listening to on my way to work and then because my music is the best i win a competition to meet Ian Brown that morning.

I seen him once on Bermondsy Street and got my picture taken with him like a real stalker - famous people in London Bridge, oops going off track a bit here

Sean, I never listened to Jono, but did love the music on his tv promos - it was 52 Girls by the B-52's. I have never ever heard it played on any radio station, so to hear it played then was v exciting.

I listen to R4,R6, and World Service. But then again, I do work there. Nero