Party, Worlingham Rd

Lynne

When we lived in Sydenham there were two particular parties of note. Firstly the next door neighbours flat handed us a note about a party. I read the short note inside out, upside down, back to front but couldn't manage to see the invite to us. We came home from the pub and couldn't hear any noise so were relieved that we hadn't wasted time going to what must have been a dreadful bash.

Another time downstairs asked us to a flat party. We got there with no guests and fairly quiet music. We were a bit bemused but told that nobody arrived until after the sound system came. After which the whole street was rocking, and buildings vibrating to the base.

All comes across as a bit net curtain twitching to me.

And as for the six clock motorbike. Have YOU never had a party that was a bit loud, went on a bit late and got a few complaints.

Now if it went on all the time get the council involved, noise pollution etc. Not sure how Southwark handles thing but I had a notice served on me for a bally temperamental burglar alarm (story is a bit more complex as the tenants used to take the battery out so it wouldn't automatically go off after 20 minutes) and continue until the second battery in the bell box would go dead.

And don't get me started on car alarms bloke over the road (now long since moved out).

Sorry folks I have now joined in.

Bass not base (whoops).

Just knock on the door of the house party and say John invited you. Haven't done that for some time and I don't think it was successful. I also remember seeing some students in a pub and clocking their invite. I was a lot younger then and would be arrested if I tried this today.

Young and not so young people seem to have this pocket computer device which says where their mates and anyone they have ever met are.

Lynne Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think anyone would mind parties at 3.00am.(if it

> wasn't theirs) They had another for NYE. Bottles

> and glasses all around nest morning.

> I grant you no-one wants persistent noise of any

> sort.

Sorry Lynne, but 3 am is no longer considered particularly late for a party esp Christmas or NY. i doubt you'd get much traction if you contacted council or police. If it become regular or happens other than weekends then you may get some sympathy.

Christmas has become a time where its expected that people party and enjoy themselves, and that does tend to get noisy.

malumbu Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Bass not base (whoops).

>

> Just knock on the door of the house party and say

> John invited you. Haven't done that for some time

> and I don't think it was successful. I also

> remember seeing some students in a pub and

> clocking their invite. I was a lot younger then

> and would be arrested if I tried this today.

>

> Young and not so young people seem to have this

> pocket computer device which says where their

> mates and anyone they have ever met are.

Oh good god - reminds me of "are you on the bride or grooms side" when I used to get into any party going.

Keep up, I've posted that sentiment already but also discussed my experience with noisy parties, noise annoyance and local authority action, ie trying to keep a balance. I was witty, interesting and looking at both sides to the argument. Even slipped a typo in but my two trolls seem to have gone on holiday.