Mesh WiFi which is best with virgin super hub

fishfoot

Hi not sure if anyone can help I have the superhub3 from virgin and my WiFi is spotty at best around the house (I do have a repeater and tplinks to help )but still get dead spots ,I have had a look at the BT whole home set of 3 ?189 and another brand slightly cheaper (not so good on reviews)just hoping someone has tried to do a mesh WiFi setup and their opinion on what works

Cheers if you can help or know what is best

Alastair

I have Ubiquity Unifi Mesh APs wired wire a switch under the stairs, I?ve switched off the Wi-Fi from the SuperHub. I?d tried a bunch of other options including the Linksys ones and always had problems with handoff in the overlapping areas. Three units cover our Victorian mid-terrace really well, on in the front of the house, one at the back (which also covers the garden) and one upstairs in the middle of the house covers the rest.

It?s not the cheapest setup but it?s a long term solution rather than having to constantly fix things and fight with configurations.

I use the Linksys VELOP mesh with my virgin hub. The only time I ever have problems with the Internet is from virgin, not the mesh. Just looked it up and there seems to be sets for 400 quid and sets for 170...not sure what the difernce is on a quick scan, but the one I have was about 400 quid for 3 nodes.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Just wondering- what were they arrested for? If you remember 
    • Cyclists certainly do have a bit of a perception problem at the moment and when I cycle I see a lot of examples of arrogance and ignorance that gives all cyclists a bad name - it does seem that many cyclists have caught the entitlement bug many drivers seem to have.
    • But Spartacus didn't mention the significant amounts of land being used for car storage - that was most definitely you.   And I am afraid when you apply your same measure to other transport uses (like cycleways and cycle lanes - Malumbu is your stat on the 360 kms of cycle network cycleways or cycle lanes?) then it most definitely is relevant for the debate.   Should we assume then that if all this ULEZ money and government bailout money is being poured into TFL then the system is, financially at least, broken or is it a case that the money is being mis-spent (like the DV junction project)?    
    • Contact your SNT (police). An old friend of mine (now deceased) was a 'victim' of a door to door scam some years ago. He mentioned it to our local SNT police officers who found that several ED residents had been visited by these ;salespeople. It was arranged that my friend asked the scammers to return on a certain day and time when he had some money to purchase their goods. Police in plain clothes outside in street watching. with a uniformed officer in the house - scammers returned and were arrested.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In