Dividing a bedroom into two

Alan Medic

When we did our loft we had to rearrange a couple of rooms for access. The key considerations were positioning doors and windows so both rooms had good light and sensible access. The actual construction was pretty simple, knocking down one stud wall, installing another stud wall, installing some doors, plastering and then decorating. I don?t know what?s needed in terms of building control. One thing I wish I?d thought of was radiator positioning the radiator wound up behind one of the new doors which causes problems for heat circulation.

keano77 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If this is a divorce matter I?d recommend a

> chainsaw. You could hire one for about ?100 a day.

If that were the case keano, would there be any point in going ahead with the project do you think?

I?m pleased to infer that marital bliss prevails in the Medic household.

Some useful tips above with the implied need to cost in re-routing plumbing and additional wiring for lighting and sockets etc plus the obvious (dividing) wall.

A mate of mine, Donald, has had thousands of quotes for erecting a wall, some of them rather expensive. Give me a shout if you?d like me to put you in touch with him.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• That is clearly not true. I see car drivers breaking the law on an hourly basis - jumping red lights, speeding, not obeying the general rules. Plus they are operating considerably more dangerous machinery and should have a greater responsibility of care to other road uses. You can see who causes the most harm by the stats. 
    • Looking for a suit for an 11 year old. Quite specific, white with black thin stripes.  Trying to replicate Michael Jacksons smooth criminal costume.  A blue linen shirt and white tie.    Thank you !!!!!!!
    • A quick Google found this, amongst other things: "Social impact models are frameworks or approaches that guide how organizations or initiatives address social or environmental problems."
    • "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then it must be a duck" comes to mind Unfortunately, a large number of cyclists do exhibit selfish amd anti social behaviour which, regardless of how many good cyclists there are, is seen as the norm.  It's a bit like one car driver jumping a red light and all car drivers getting tarred by the same brush. Perception is the issue and if cyclists all obeyed the rules, everyone would be less anti them but unfortunately that isn't the case 🤔
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In