Your absolute favourite biscuits

BarryRoad

Hey everyone,

I have a meeting at an agency later today and they told me I have to bring the biscuits. It's very important that they like them, so I'd like to put it out there and see what your favourite (readily available) biscuits are.

I was thinking of hitting them with some Taste the Difference, and then some classics like those shortbreads with currants in them.

Must be excellent dipped in tea.

you can't really beat the digestive if you're having it with tea (imoh). Simple, classic. Am also a fan of the bourbon, and rich tea. For excitement I rather like jammy dodgers, and if I'm feeling exurbrant, a good shortbread. Mmmm. Chocolate digestives.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/9/12549428_0b8a65a37a_m.jpg

See, the good thing about the digestive is it's sheer versatility. It can go with anything, cheese, tea, literally, anything. If you want to look like a safe, but adaptable, pair of hands I'd take the digestives. I'd certainly discount bourbons and rich teas, not sure they'd work in a job interview. As a child I used to like cartoonies, but I don't think you can get them anymore. They were good, and I'd reccomend them, but, as I say, I'm not sure you can buy them. Shame that. I'd avoid anything like Wagon Wheels (though I know they are popular - never got them myself) and anything a bit gimmicky. Equally, not sure the finest brands are worth it - are they really any better than rock solid, dpendable, gripping and enjoyable digestives? Ha. I don't think so.

Of course, there's always the jaffa cake, but again, I'm not sure these would be suitable for the situation you describe. Did you know that the digestive biscuit was invented by McVitie's in Edinburgh in 1892 by Alexander Grant. They were advertised as aiding digestion, yet subsequent scientific research has concluded this as untrue. While rumours exist that consequently it is illegal for them to be sold under that name in the USA, in fact they are widely available in imported food sections of grocery stores and by mail order. The Original Digestive biscuit is still the ninth biggest biscuit brand in the UK.

Anyways, best of luck!

Depends on the beverage accompanying the biscuit.

Tea - Rich Tea

Cheap coffee - Ginger nut

Decent coffee - Anything with chocolate on but dark chocolate covered biscuits are better

Hot chocolate - Shortbread

Mr Mumra often berates me for being OCD with my biscuit choice, but when you have only 15 mins for a break I think it is totally valid to be specific on what is the best accompaniment!

Ah, Mr MacGabhann, it's been a long time. I wish I could answer appropriately.

I am particularly fond of chocolate covered Kimbos from the shop recommended by Spadetownboy.

The one thing that always makes me think of childhood though is Fry's Chocolate Cream. My mother always smelled of minty dark chocolate when I was little...

I once sat at home in Ireland with a Christmas sized tin of Kimberly watching Christmas TV and ate the whole lot

And they are STILL my favourite biscuit

They sell Fry's here too but I think it has been diluted over the years. Not what it was etc. Hated it when I was little but grew to love it

sigh.. slight hibernian diversion there, Sorry folks.

Ginger Snaps and Tea always work as a biscuit treat for me too