On the Ball (new Football Focus)

matthew123

Football Focus has been locked down - so in keeping with the times I've named the new thread after the ITV equivalent from back in the day - On the Ball.

Arsenal v Cardiff

Everton v Liverpool

are the 2 live FA Cup replays being played on the Tuesday and Wednesday by Setanta and ITV respectively.

Setanta Sports have the Tuesday night match live from the Emirates. Someone did send me an email offering 2 tickets for ?45 each... no thanks, I need the money to visit Goodison the next night!

BTW, on the off chance there are any bitter Blues, sorry I mean Evertonian brothers ;-) who are going to that match from south London, please let me know as I need a lift!

Rhinestone Cowboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This looks pretty good

>

> out in March.

>

> http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=4ImnSx1HPIw

In case anyone hasn't looked this is the trailer for the Damned United - the tale of Brian Clough's 44 days in charge of the greatest football club in the world, Leeds United.

And I can't bloody wait to see it. I'm too young to have a genuine dislike for the man when he was at Leeds and so can sit back and enjoy it for a piece of nostalgia.

And Colm Meaney as Don Revie.....heh.

Since my dad died on 29.12.2008, my outlook on football, & life has changed a lot. I suddenly realise how futile it can be. He was a great man and I miss him. He often said that you shouldn't be jealous of others just strive to do the best you can. He loved the Arsenal, so at least I can continue to carry the torch. Come on you reds!!

matthew123 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> BREAKING NEWS: The Vale is showing the West Brom v

> Man United game live tonight - and most probably

> Wigan v Liverpool live tomorrow night - neither of

> which is on Sky or Setanta

Any chance of the Everton v Arsenal match being shown?

The landlord told me he'd try to show both Liverpool and Arsenal games if he could - but he did say he had a preference for watching Liverpool lose... I guess we won't know for sure until tomorrow, but I'll be going down there to watch United tonight so may garner some more information.

Atila - sorry to hear about your dad; my dad died in 2005 and I still miss him terribly...however, he was an Arsenal fan and never converted me (even a trip to the 1971 Cup Final failed)...football allegiance was matriachal(sp?) in my family.