What to have for tea tonight??

ThinLizzy

Vegetarian Pancake stack:

Cook several pancakes.

Roast various vegetables, Fry off some onions. Fry off some mushrooms. Make a strong cheese sauce (if you have some blue cheese - yum yum).

Layer pancakes and cooked vegetables alternately until you run out of veg / pancakes. Pour over cheese sauce - eat with large glass of gluggable red wine in front of fire.

Or chop up a load of garlic, peppers, courgettes, red onion (or whatever you fancy) with some halloumi, put some rosemary in, add some olive oil and roast in the oven for about 25 minutes. Very delicious with fresh bread.

warm some fish in 1/2 pint hot milk till the fish flakes.

put fish aside and melt an ounce of flour and ounce of butter in the milk till it all mixes and thickens.

Put 4oz of grated cheese and the fish back in sauce with some salt and pepper.

put the lot in casserole dish with new potatoes gas 6 for 30 mins.

Or I may just get a Chinese.

ThinLIzzy - glad you enjoyed my veggie meal. I'm really an omnivore - will eat / cook pretty much anything.

For carnivores - tonight's supper.

Roast duck breast with crispy skin. Ratatouille with cheese crust, spinach, tiny new boiled potatoes. Cheese to follow (including a delicious aged Red Leicester). Bottle of Zinfandel to wash it all down.

got a friend coming over for supper before we see the Benjamin Button film

so... it's home made soup made with

onion, spring onions, garlic, tomatoes, parsnip, red lentils, veg stock cube, cumin, ginger and corriander, cook 30mins or so then whizz (ie. basically all the stuff I had in fridge/cupboard) "DONE" as Gordon would say

then some cheese and crusty bread with red onion chutney

finish off with grapes

lots of red wine

It must be time for a reprise of my favourite recipe posting, courtesy of LibraCarr - last year:

"Hi,

Cheese on toast.....

Readily available is the Cathedral brand. Cheese on toast has to be strong. Grate the cheese onto a peice of toast and then add Tomato slices or onions. Then add more grated cheese to cover. Otherwise get a portion of sweetcorn onto the toast (has to be done quickly - as the toast may dampen) then sling the grated cheese on top. Bing Bong orgasm time."