The Church St Hotel (Camberwell) any gossip on it?

hari

Looks great, I wonder if they could do discounts for people from the East Dulwich Forum website, I recall there's a few people on who use this site who are getting married in the area soon so it could be the perfect place for their guests to stay.

I walked past it on Tuesday and it had a sign up saying it was closed for a few months for refurbishment but I read the piece about it in the Guardian and thought that it was ready. It does look so nice from the outside and hari, from what I could see when peering in, there was a bar.

Discounts for EDFers would be great - we want to put it on our wedding invites. Can you work your magic Mark?

Just went in there they said they have been open for three weeks but the tapas bar is still closed. They do indeed have a hotel bar it looks wicked as do the rooms, any news on the discount for east dulwich forum users

A nice reply from Mel at the hotel:

Thank you for your email and interest. We would love to have the east dulwich forum on board, and of course the local community of East dulwich. We have already had some bookings from a couple who are getting married from east dulwich who are actually spending their wedding night with us. We have offered them and their guests a 5 percent discount. We would be happy to offer this discount to the east dulwich forum. I hope that is acceptable. We have tried to price ourselves as competitively as possible in the boutique hotel market. We also dont have any stealth taxes as our prices are inc vat and includes organic breakfast which received 10/10 from the times. We also want to promote the art scene in the area which we beleive makes the area so unique and have already got exhibitions planned. I like to think of Camberwell as our version of Venice Beach or down town LA. Thats kinda where our inspiration came from Spanish Americana. Also if there are any artists on your site who would like to meet it would be a pleasure, we have alot of hanging space. Also please let the forum know if they need to view the hotel we would be more than happy to show people around. Thankyou for the invite to the blog.

Kind Regards

Mel Raido

The Church St Hotel

So if people need somewhere to stay in the area they should give the hotel a try (and let us know what it's like)

If you're an artist and would like to show your work, drop them a line

If you're just nosey and want to have a look at the place, mention the forum and they'll show you around

• 2 months later...