Cheltenham....

????

...is getting nearer, fantastic. I know there's not that many fans of the turf on here apart from the posh (BBW) and the builders (Dulwichmum)...but any early fancies? I'm going to go for an EW on Exotic Dancer at 12s for the Gold Cup. More to follow and views appreciated from the few who give one....

YES - ME, ME, ME.....

I'm going to go big on K Star this year. Will take Gold Cup afternoon off and watch it with mates in pub. Went a few times over the years but we have decided Cheltenham is too crowded.

But this should be a great thread Quids - look forward to some racing debate come Cheltenham week.

My bruv is a roofer a very fine craftsman he is a very talented lead worker, I meet him sometimes if he's working in the City.

Years ago I met him when the gold cup was on and he and a mate of his were in a betting shop, his mate was down on his luck and lost all of his wages bar a tenner on some previous dog and horse races. I swear I have never seen to put it paradoxically such a fine gambler, I watched the guy scan the paper like a mad man and put his last ?10 on an accumulator that he had previously devised, I remember my brother chanting you may as well bet the field lol!. The fecker won his wages back and said "I've had enough now I'm not feeling lucky today". WTF........

Ah Quids, thats unfortunate - I don't want to boast too much (well maybe a little) but I was one of few who went on Denman last year (although he was favourite I surprisingly did not know anyone else who backed him).

I went on K Star in the King George on the basis of Paul Nicholls saying he was back to his best and I think that day he was (although I have not paid much attention since then). You are going each way on Exotic Dancer and I think he is a very good each way bet at 12/1 but will you also back K Star or Denman? I could not go against K Star after the King George run.

exotic dancer at 12s, tempting for an each way but no chance for an outright win, however apart from the obvious big two my choice at the mo is notre pere, presently sitting at 25s, so even at this stage a pretty decent ew shout, but mark my words those odds will tumble, i expect it to start no bigger than 12-14s, so get in quick.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The best you can get for KS at the moment is 2/1

Who is that with quids? I could only see 7/4. Thanks.

I notice almost all of the big races have a short price favourite which is not ideal, means you end up looking at backing horses you don't think are the best horse but the favourite is too short. Masterminded is 1/3 for the Qn Mother Champion Chase, which seems ridiculously low, even for a "wonder horse".

Jimbob Wrote:

my choice at the mo is notre

> pere, presently sitting at 25s, so even at this

> stage a pretty decent ew shout,

I think this one has now been withdrawn Jimbob.

Well Quids - I've just taken the 3.05 (>2/1) on betfair. It seems looking at KS's record he has won on all ground conditions, so having checked the weather I'm not too concerned about the ground and hopefully it will not rain too much betwixt now and Friday. Its my biggest bet to date. I'm hoping therefore its a case of last year was a blip on his record. I watched a rerun of last years race and Denman was fantastic but it seemed KS brushed every fence, was never in rhythm during the race and actually despite all that, he was not a million miles away in the end (2nd 7l behind) so I think if he is back on form he will win, fingers crossed.

- but as I'm sure you know, no horse has ever won, lost and then won again so it would be new ground.

Let me know who you choose in the end.

Yup - Sunday supplements for me tomorrow then a chat with a couple of mates who are more ITK than me and selections next week...you likewise

I backed Kato Star and Denman all the way up to the gold Cup last year and then chose KS :(

PRICEWISE RECAP

PRICEWISE FESTIVAL ANTE-POST PORTFOLIO

Missed Tom Segal's selections? Fear not.

Tuesday at Cheltenham:

Celestial Halo Champion Hurdle 1pt ew 14-1 (now 8-1)

Kempes Supreme Novices' Hurdle 1pt win 33-1 (now 12-1)

Planet Of Sound Arkle, 2pts win 16-1 (now 10-1)

Mick Mac Wrote:

> PRICEWISE RECAP

> PRICEWISE FESTIVAL ANTE-POST PORTFOLIO

> Missed Tom Segal's selections? Fear not.

> Tuesday at Cheltenham:

> Celestial Halo Champion Hurdle 1pt ew 14-1 (now

> 8-1)

> Kempes Supreme Novices' Hurdle 1pt win 33-1 (now

> 12-1)

> Planet Of Sound Arkle, 2pts win 16-1 (now 10-1)

mick be careful of that kempes, not too sure how good it is but the odds have likely come down because of the fact its owned by ross carr ex-down footballer and big joe kernan, so likely a lot of local betting on it.