Is Homeopathy a sham?......... yes

LRon Hubble

Excuse me! I beg to differ.

Homeopathy does work! I bet you have never and will never try it - that's ok. But I have...with astounding results. And to wind you up even further - I was given a homeopathic remedy in a very high potency (LM) which not many homeopaths work with anyway. It took him a week of checking the homeopathic "bible" before he send me the remedy and it was a 100% success. Not only did the symptoms clear up completely, they didn't return either :)

However, it requires a very experienced practioner and that's where the problem starts - you can do a three year training course and still not know more than the mum who wants to treat her daughters' cold and looks up the remedies on the internet.

To find an experienced homeopath is very rare.

And to those of you who say it's all in the mind: A homeopathic remedy is cheaper than anything the conventional medical establishment has to offer. So even if it is a placebo (and we will never know for sure) I'd rather take that.

LRon Hubble - are you on a one person mission to undermine any sort of alternative therapy? So far you've joined threads to dismiss acupunture as rubbish and now you start a thread to undermine anyone's belief in homeopathy. Are you medically trained? Do you have a particular grudge against alternative therapy? Or are you just trying to wind people up?

i think at the end of the day it must be a gene thing, it just something you have that makes you different. I don't think it is right to shun people because they are attracted to people of the same sex and i 'certainly' do not agree with trying to get them treated. Live and let live i say.

Moos

i am certainly not a scientolgist if that's what you are suggesting, even if i were it would have no effect on the usefulness of Homeopathy. Scientologist refuse to believe that any psychological illness's exist, something i strongly disagree with. (i think that was what your vague impression was mistaken for)

Queen of Dulwich

please read, i have read both sides of the subject, if you have an invested interest i totally understand you may not want to discover more about the subject and my honest apologies for bringing it up. I only think people should be more aware of what they are buying into with homeopathy.

(quote source link below) "The American Physical Society, has noted that since the least amount of a substance in a solution is one molecule, a 30C solution would have to have at least one molecule of the original substance dissolved in a minimum of 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 molecules of water. This would require a container more than 30,000,000,000 times the size of the Earth."

Basically the tablets are so infinitely diluted that they are sugar pills or equivalent you could take 20 of them or 50 or 1 they have no effect, plus there is no evidence that the 1 homeopathic molecule is any kind of active ingredient.

(quote taken from) http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/homeo.html

or sit back and listen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWE1tH93G9U

LRon

LRon Hubble Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Homeopathy does not and will not work to any

> degree.... stop wasting your money especially on

> people who offer homeopathy treatments....

>

>

>

> LRon.

I take it you've been conned. Did the email go like this?

"Dear and humble sir, me and my associates are in the final stages of developing a radical new cure for the common cold. The new treatment is made up of a newly discovered herb we have christened 'Gullibleus twatia' which grows exclusively in the bush surrounding our glorious capital Lagos. We have however a problem. To fund this monumentous project we sold an enormous amount of Horse shit to buyers in Europe but due to the economic climate of late are unable to securely transfer the funds to our account. If you would be willing to allow us to use your legitimate account to transfer the funds we would award you 25 percent of our profit.

Yours sincerely Pipi Akwezi. God bless you.

It's the most powerful drug known to man - a placebo and a caring practitioner - but you'll have to believe for it to maybe work. It is thought that up to 70% of illnesses are psychosomatic so there?s a great scope for belief based medicine. Sadly for me I don't believe - John Diamond the husband of Nigella Lawson wrote a great book when he was dying called Snake Oil.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snake-Other-Preoccupations-John-Diamond/dp/0099428334

To a degree DD. Many traditional Chinese medicines have the same approach as modern pharmaceuticals. They're often the same active ingredients, but in twig rather than tablet form.

However, TCMs also include pathalogically stupid ideas such as bear bile and tiger penis.