Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Rage

PinkyB

People who wait at pedestrian crossings and don't press the button. Do they think they're so important that the traffic will just stop for them of it's own accord? This is especially annoying when I'm trying to cross the road at Forest Hill station to catch a train that leaves in 1 minute, and even more so when I arrive at the crossing to find a small crowd of people all apparently too stupid to realise they need to press the button to get the traffic to stop and thus cross the road. Aaargh!!!

People who want to cross the road, and the driver stops/slows to facilitate this and the person isn't even looking towards you but in the opposite direction.

Drivers, like the ++++ yesterday who I smiled at and gestured to go in front of me, as he was also wanting to enter the Main Road, but from the opposite side of the road.

Then he responded by Thanking Me? Nah!

Acknowledging it, in any way? Nah!

Just gave me a sullen "screwface" and drove in front of me, the ignorant, no-good b****d.

What would normally be a pleasant and friendly mutual gesture left me with a nasty taste in my mouth, to be honest.

Drivers who use their horn, if you momentarily hesitate.

Drivers who turn right at Traffic Lights and do not signal until they and the drivers stuck behind them are stationary, when there is no filter, so you are stuck if you want to go straight ahead, if there is oncoming traffic.

People who want to jump queues.

People who do not thank you if you hold open the door for them..now I always say to them "Thanks"...ignorant ++++s..

Asset Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> intolerant people

I used to be VERY tolerant in my 20's/30's until I got so pissed on that I was sodden right thru'.

Lovely young Man I was, wore a nice vest under my shirt for work and got the pis taken out of me for trying to be decent and friendly at all times.

Blokes tend to get that knocked out of them over the decades otherwise they sink fast and I'm nothing, if not, a survivor so I had to learn the hard way, sadly.

My idealism ruined, but still I love nice, pleasant, decent people, those who are not can rot as far as I'm concerned.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> Related to the above

>

> I go to a lift lobby - I'm the only one there. I

> press the button. The light comes on.. I wait for

> the lift

>

> Someone else enters the lobby, brushes past me and

> jabs the button repeatedly

Yes - I was going to repeat this one before reading yours Sean - this really annoys me too - its like they think they can push the button "better" than you have pushed it.

Then after they have pushed it (you have been waiting for the lift for some time), the lift arrives promptly - they give you that knowing look - like to say they pushed it better than you and now the lift is here...

Irrational Rage is bit strong for me but there are umpteen Little Things That Cause me really irritate me

call waiting, how many buttons do you have to press before you can speak to someone

when your phone rings and you pick up and it's a whingey recorded voice that you don't want to hear

the constant need to upgrade your computer kit just to 'stay still' with your skills and equipment

what I call the sh*te of life... the every increasing level of organisational farting about needed to do to run your life

people walking really slowly in front of you but somehow managing not letting you get by

spitting

people who let their dogs crap on the street

'jobs worth' people

having at least 6 different ways that people can contact me

people who think they should go ahead of you in the queue because they have a child (even though it's sleeping contentedly in its buggy)

people who go 'sniff' 'sniff' 'sniff' 'sniff' 'sniff' repeatedly in your ear when you are sitting next to them on the train

people (like me) who then moan about things on a forum...

*thinks... normally really positive, which side of the bed did I get out of today?*

oh yes TLS... people who don't say thank you...

when you 'let them in' when driving

when you stop to let then cross on a zebra crossing

when... well any time it would have just seemed common courtesy to say thank you

think people seem to have forgotten that being nice doesn't kill you!!!

When you hold the door for someone and they walk straight through without thanking you and then a whole stream of people following behind do the same like you are invisible. You try to let the door go but nobody attempts to hold it. Then you get a dirty look from someone who thinks you are rude for letting the door go in their face. Grrrr

Edited to say "mild irritation" rather than "irrational rage"

Mamma Mia Wrote:

> When you hold the door for someone and they walk

> straight through without thanking you and then a

> whole stream of people following behind do the

> same like you are invisible. You try to let the

> door go but nobody attempts to hold it. Then you

> get a dirty look from someone who thinks you are

> rude for letting the door go in their face.

> Grrrr

No more the fool MM...after the second one I will NOW say "No need to thank me, oh! you didn't!"...

Mamma Mia Wrote:

> When you hold the door for someone and they walk

> straight through without thanking you and then a

> whole stream of people following behind do the

> same like you are invisible. You try to let the

> door go but nobody attempts to hold it. Then you

> get a dirty look from someone who thinks you are

> rude for letting the door go in their face.

> Grrrr

>

> Edited to say "mild irritation" rather than

> "irrational rage"

The the lack of common decency and acknowledgement towards ones fellow man which is endemic in society is not a small thing. It is a very big thing indeed. It bothers me all the time because it forces me to have to draw the conclusion that most people are essentially cunts which is something I really, really, really, don?t want to have to believe.

Brendan Wrote:

It bothers me all the time because it forces me to have to draw the conclusion that most people are essentially @#$%& which is something I really, really, really, don?t want to have to believe.

BELIEVE MY BROTHER, BELIEVE...

Some are born winkers, some achieve a state of winkerness and some have winkerdom thrust upon them....