Trouser question - fashion reflections.

wee quinnie

You know how the default trouser position is low waisted these days? Well, how are you supposed to keep your midriff warm, since tops seem to be correspondingly a bit on the short side?

Is it time to resurrect the body suit from the early 90s? Or should I just be searching out high waisted trousers?

Seriously, I had to use my jacket as a draught excluder down at The Magdala last night.

Personlly, I would quite welcome the return of the bodysuit.

Why don't you post a pic of yourself and let the forum decide?

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Does that mean my 6 button, side pockets, green

> high waister Oxford Bags from 1975 will be all the

> rage on the Lane this summer?*

>

> *bet TLS had something similar

Moos Wrote:

> High-waisted trousers are back in, according to

> the fashion rags. Doesn't seem to apply to jeans

> yet though

Moos, I'm shocked. For such a stylish girl about town, how have you missed the high waisted jeans trend? It's been going on in the mags n that for over a year now, and Top Shop's certainly been feeding it onto the high street.

However I think they're considerably less ubiquitous than the low rise skinny because they're somewhat less flattering unless you're super super slim.

Also, bodies are back - up and down the land you can hear the the popping of press studs as crotches burst free at inappropriate moments...

There's only one thing for it - jumpsuits - they've been around a while, but they're going nowhere yet. DVF has a particularly lovely one that I have my eye on if I can save the three or so hundred pounds

Alternatively, and hopefully helpfully, invest in a vest from American Apparel - they're long enough to cope with a low rise and thin enough to wear under something else

RosieH Wrote:

> Moos, I'm shocked. For such a stylish girl about

> town, how have you missed the high waisted jeans

> trend? It's been going on in the mags n that for

> over a year now, and Top Shop's certainly been

> feeding it onto the high street.

>

> However I think they're considerably less

> ubiquitous than the low rise skinny because

> they're somewhat less flattering unless you're

> super super slim.

Am I allow to fillip your response, or whatever the techie word is for splitting up someone's post into bits and replying one by one? Otherwise, I shall get very confuzzed.

Yes, I have seen the high-waisted jeans, and I was deliberately ignoring them, because they are vile. Thing is, I was hoping that they would pair up with the previously-ubiquitous low-waisted jeans and give birth to jeans that sit at the natural waist and behave themselves properly. But so far so no good. I'm relying on Serfontaines at the moment, but it's a very expensive habit.

> Also, bodies are back - up and down the land you

> can hear the the popping of press studs as

> crotches burst free at inappropriate moments...

No! Say it's not so. Oh dear, brings back unfortunate memories of hopping around a lavatory cubicle half-cut trying to cope with doing up a body... oh no oh no.

> There's only one thing for it - jumpsuits -

> they've been around a while, but they're going

> nowhere yet. DVF has a particularly lovely one

> that I have my eye on if I can save the three or

> so hundred pounds

I dunno. I have seen them on model-types and they still don't look good. What chance, etc?

I happen to enjoy a good pair of cords in any lairy pastel shade. I dont wear them, I just enjoy people that do.

Also, from what I hear breeches are making a comeback. Sir Francis Drake will be mighty chuffed he can drag those bad boys out again.

the high waister jean (as they call it the trade) has, as others have mentioned, been in for some time... but are in my view about to be out again for some time

you know my views on the matter... do your own thing, if it feels good do it, if the cap fits... etc. etc. etc.

seems like the high waisters are giving Keira a stiff neck... have a look... if you think they don't look good on her then...

No, I think you will find that high waisted trousers are a firm favourite with dodgy members of the clergy. Nautical look, high waisted trousers are very popular this year, but I am shocked to hear that DVF have a jump suit for ?300! I never realised they had become so affordable. I buy all of my jump suits at Wickes in Catford. They are a must-have in my line of work.

There are lots of lovely long line t-shirts about, to wear with low rise jeans. Try Question Air dans le village.

God - Given that KK looks DREADFUL here, what hope can there be for us older uglier chunkier persons?

charliecharlie Wrote:

> the high waister jean (as they call it the trade)

> has, as others have mentioned, been in for some

> time... but are in my view about to be out again

> for some time

>

> you know my views on the matter... do your own

> thing, if it feels good do it, if the cap fits...

> etc. etc. etc.

>

> seems like the high waiters are giving Keira a

> stiff neck... have a look... if you think they

> don't look good on her then...

???? Wrote:

> Does that mean my 6 button, side pockets, green

> high waister Oxford Bags from 1975 will be all the

> rage on the Lane this summer?*

>

> *bet TLS had something similar

Do you really still have a pair of those??