It's contagious, and it's official (aka Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Joy)

charliecharlie

I, for one, have loved the 'Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Rage' thread...

It's been a great place to get the irratations of life it 'off your chest' and onto the forum

However, as happiness is now officially contagious, shall we see if we can beat the negative with the positive?

http://www.biopsychiatry.com/happiness/contagious.html

new thread = Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Joy

I will start with that first sip of tea in the morning... total bliss...

Now... I am waiting with fingers crossed, one down and only 315 posts to go...

xxCC

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> hearing squeeky "dada,dadda, dadda"s from my 18

> month old when his mum says it's time to wake me

> up and he's toddling up to our bedroom door...even

> though it means I've got to stir....

And on from there Quids, the sound of your child's voice, and your voice, throughout your lives.

My boy is an adult, but when I pick up the'phone and hear the words "Hello Dad" the joy of the unconditional love I gave him as an infant is right there with me.

There might follow a conversation of numpty banality, Swiftian wit or something in between, but we always tell each other 'Love you' on parting.

[quote name='Bredan:-

Would it be in bad taste for me to mention Keira Knightley?s breasts at this point?]

Absolutely not Brendan' date=' well within the spirit of the thread, what ever makes you happy!

[img']http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4-kBUkws07U/SJsJGV9UQaI/AAAAAAAADWQ/rv95G2Pam08/s400/keira+knightly+rock+on.bmp[/img]

But which ones were you referring to though?

Little white ball going in the correct direction

Waking up with huge hangover about 10am, panic its a weekday and you have overslept for work and realising with great relief its the weekend

Boss of 8 years being moved onto different floor (years of irrational joy lie ahead)

Aw, thanks for the thanks about my "Tiny Little Things..." thread! I hereby return the favour.

Nothing beats waking up, turning over and looking at the clock and realising it's only ten past five and you can go back to sleep for another nearly two whole hours!

(Conversely there's not much more annoying than waking up half an hour before the alarm goes off. Not enough time to get back to sleep properly, but just long enough that you'll be yawning at your desk all day.)

I think you should change the title of the thread though - apparently you get more hits with a title that sounds like a Fall album!