Forum Sponsors

http://heat-firm.co.uk

www.create-spaces.co.uk

www.under-control.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 18
messageRe: It's contagious, and it's official (aka Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Joy)
Posted by Marmora Man 15 May, 2010 17:51

Was handed a brand new and crisp fiver in my change today. After five years of crumpled and scruffy notes it felt good. I've stashed it away at the back of my wallet.

messageRe: It's contagious, and it's official (aka Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Joy)
Posted by brum 15 May, 2010 23:33

Fish, chips and mushy peas.

Posted by daizie 16 May, 2010 08:13

Having a crap after being constipated .

Posted by Marmora Man 16 May, 2010 20:38

New mown grass - just cut the lawn

Posted by randombloke 16 May, 2010 23:15

Have we all missed the point? It's about "irrational" joy.

Therefore, I give you...

Schadenfreude

Posted by katie1997 18 May, 2010 08:42

Long distance train travel

Posted by sophiesofa 18 May, 2010 13:38

sipping tea through a twirl or kit-kat finger

Posted by Pickle 18 May, 2010 19:54

... following on from my post last week regarding excellent service from the recycling men...

This morning my day was made by said recycling man knocking on the door, giving me a hug, and thanking me - I sent an email praising him to the recycling email on the Southwark website, it was passed to his boss, and he apparently got a bit pat on the back. Big time feel good factor smiling smiley

Posted by charliecharlie 19 May, 2010 08:11

having a (not very bad) cold, but not having to drag yourself to work feeling rough...
cos you've got the day off... http://blogs.pomona.edu/grmt134-2009s/files/2009/03/antijapanesepropagandatakedayoff.gif

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was 2010:05:19:09:19:00 by charliecharlie.

Posted by Brendan 21 May, 2010 16:17

Go to google now.

Do it.

Do it.

Posted by ruffers 21 May, 2010 17:44

Not even one screen... the shame.

Posted by charliecharlie 21 May, 2010 21:52

Quote:
Go to google now.

please god let the addition of sound (and effing irritating sound at that) be a one off
http://brandcrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/shell-say_no.jpg ise

Posted by charliecharlie 22 May, 2010 10:50

silence...

ref the google banner... though i was on the 'rage' thread for a moment there Brendan... don't tell me you like the horrid little packman banner... IMO it's just more of tacky invasive noise pollution!!!
http://blog.eun.org/avila/05.jpg

Posted by Brendan 22 May, 2010 14:03

It was actually an imbedded game. Who canít love packman?

And if the oft used video game analogy is correct it is responsible for an entire generation people spending they youth sitting in dark rooms and eating pills.

Posted by charliecharlie 22 May, 2010 18:38

yup, love pacman, just don't want it in my face bleeping away every time a do a google search http://www.monochrom.at/english/pictures/pacman.PNG

Posted by expat 22 May, 2010 19:15

>charliecharlie Today, 06:38PM
>yup, love pacman, just don't want it in my face bleeping away every time a do a google search
Can you not turn the sound off when you search? I do

Posted by charliecharlie 22 May, 2010 22:10

no, don't want to have to tune off sound... 'cos I am probably playing last fm or spotify at the same time and dealing with work stuff. online research etc... gggrrr should be in the other thread!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2010:05:23:10:05:08 by charliecharlie.

Posted by RosieH 23 May, 2010 01:02

Gin and tonic sorbet - one of 5 courses I made for lunch for two dear friends who have just returned from 6 months overseas - and just left my gaff now.

12 hour lunches - exceptional.

Posted by charliecharlie 23 May, 2010 10:06

this weather!!!!!!! oooooooooohhhhh I looooooooovvvve it

Posted by charliecharlie 23 May, 2010 18:59

http://happylittlevegemite.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/weather1.jpg

finger's crossed...

Posted by katie1997 28 May, 2010 14:59

.....relaxing at home with the radio playing in the background, the birds singing noisily outside, reading a good book, some lovely coffee and the anticipation of having more free time and going away to a wedding where I will be reunited with friends I haven't seen for a while. Yay!

Posted by fractionater 28 May, 2010 15:26

large greasy donner kebab from kebab & wine...after a big night on the lash in ED!...followed by a greasy fryup (the next morning) from the dulwich cafe to relieve the hangover!

Posted by Brendan 28 May, 2010 15:45

Just found out that I can pick up my wireless internet and use my landline handset from the front room of the pub next to my house. Working from home just got a whole lot better.

Posted by legalbeagle 28 May, 2010 16:17

Discovering that when you really really need just one good friend, you actually have several.

Posted by Brendan 28 May, 2010 16:29

Afternoon beer buzz and listening to slayer.

Posted by Peckhamgatecrasher 28 May, 2010 16:43

Having quaffed too much wine, singing along to "I beg your pardon, I never promised you a rose garden" with the 'phone as a makeshift microphone.

Posted by Brendan 28 May, 2010 16:46

smileys with beer

Posted by RosieH 29 May, 2010 16:13

The Fall's Victoria - last heard on the mix tape made for me by my (then) 14 year old boyfriend

Rediscovering old mix tapes

And this cartoon

Posted by Brendan 29 May, 2010 17:52

Building a crib and a toy box and placing them expectantly in the nursery.

Posted by Peckhamgatecrasher 29 May, 2010 18:32

I'm only blubbing cos Millwall won, Brendan, really.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 18

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed