Forum Sponsors

www.domesticshine.com

http://heat-firm.co.uk

http://www.gkbarbers.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Magnolia. The Black Cherry or another?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 17 of 18
messageRe: It's contagious, and it's official (aka Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Joy)
Posted by Ms B 11 April, 2012 12:07

The sign in the window of the florist in the village saying they will ask for proof of age if you're under 21. Intrigues me every time I pass. What can they be selling in there?

messageRe: It's contagious, and it's official (aka Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Joy)
Posted by Peckhamgatecrasher 24 August, 2012 14:57

Inspector Montalbano's back on Sunday. Unconfined joy.

Posted by maxxi 24 August, 2012 17:22

Make sure you have olives and/or pasta and vino and salami/bresaola etc. to hand - impossible to watch without.

Posted by Peckhamgatecrasher 24 August, 2012 18:16

Sė signore, sono cosė corretti!

Posted by maxxi 25 August, 2012 00:37

There are so many reasons why it shouldn't - but sitting at home after a night out, and watching the Cure at Reading had me smiling like an idiot.

Posted by billybiro 27 August, 2012 20:55

Barry Rd pidgeons

Posted by numbers 23 May, 2013 23:01

GSJ57 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The return of Ted and Honaloochie would be cause
> for irrational joy... or maybe that should be
> rational joy...

hurrah to that!

and a new entry for 2013:

the El Pibe/Woody mutual appreciation society big grin

Posted by Louisa 23 May, 2013 23:19

Grab bag of skittles.

Louisa.

Posted by Annette Curtain 24 May, 2013 01:18

Many years ago my friend Terry and myself ran a pine stripping/repair workshop.

A guy bought in a 1930's small crappy shelf covered in paint,and asked for it to be stripped

Terry charged him about a fiver, though the stuff from that period had a particularly stubborn primer, near impossible to get out of the corners etc.

After the first go the guy asked for it to go back into the tank. After the 3-4th go the guy pointed his bony finger to a tiny bit of paint in the back of the shelf. "not very happy that's still there"

"Really" said Terry. He then picked up the hatchet and proceed to smash the piece into kindling in front of the guy.

Still cheers me up no end, the though of that day.

Posted by numbers March 16, 09:15AM

Reviving this thread in Springtime.

Posted by Robert Poste's Child March 16, 11:48AM

Cycling around King's Lynn yesterday under a wide, clear sky. The smell of the fishing boats. The sunset on the way back.

Posted by Robert Poste's Child March 16, 04:34PM

Sunday afternoon when you know you've got Monday off.

Posted by numbers March 16, 09:34PM

Annette Curtain Wrote:
> Many years ago my friend Terry and myself ran a
> pine stripping/repair workshop.
>
> A guy bought in a 1930's small crappy shelf
> covered in paint,and asked for it to be stripped
>
> Terry charged him about a fiver, though the stuff
> from that period had a particularly stubborn
> primer, near impossible to get out of the corners
> etc.
>
> After the first go the guy asked for it to go back
> into the tank. After the 3-4th go the guy pointed
> his bony finger to a tiny bit of paint in the back
> of the shelf. "not very happy that's still there"
>
> "Really" said Terry. He then picked up the hatchet
> and proceed to smash the piece into kindling in
> front of the guy.
>
> Still cheers me up no end, the though of that day.

I spat my coffee out laughing at this anecdote earlier this morning. Truly 'irrational' joy.

Posted by Robert Poste's Child March 16, 09:40PM

I know someone who did the same thing to an uncooperative self-assembly cupboard from IKEA. He took it back and said it was like that in the box. They gave him the money back.

Posted by Laddy Muck April 03, 12:08AM

When my Oyster Card has capped. I just love that every journey thereafter is FREEEEEEEEEE!

--------------------
And the Reds go marching ON! ON! ON!

Posted by Loz April 03, 01:06AM

Oh, yes. LM. I've been known to take buses for one stop post cap... because I can and it's free.

Posted by Dopamine1979 April 03, 08:38AM

My ipod randomly selected 'The Message' by Grandmaster Flash on the way to work.

Posted by Salsaboy April 03, 04:01PM

Chooooon!!

Dopamine1979 Wrote:
> My ipod randomly selected 'The Message' by
> Grandmaster Flash on the way to work.

Posted by Dopamine1979 April 03, 06:17PM

I felt like breakdancing on the pavement.

Posted by Laddy Muck April 03, 11:51PM

5 big grin big grin

beating the likes of Master Quids, the Doc and maxxi-poos

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was april 03, 11:51pm by Laddy Muck.

Posted by Alan Medic April 04, 05:57PM

That's stealing....

Posted by Help-Ma-Boab April 05, 02:56AM

When I see The Administrator involved in a thread. Always guaranteed a read, and for those not already seen it, get yer pencil cases the gither and head intae the Femily room. Barry likesay.

Posted by Rolo Tomasi April 08, 10:38AM

"Selleck Waterfall Sandwich" Google it and enjoy.

Posted by numbers April 08, 01:18PM

The fact LM got a 500 on this thread big grin

Posted by Twirly April 09, 10:20AM

Our new house has a wood burning stove, so I now have a use for all the junk mail we receive! Particular joy in consigning a Tory newsletter to the kindling pile last night.

Posted by aquarius moon April 12, 08:35AM

The new time displays on the buses.

Saves keep having to get your phone out to see if you're late for work or not.

Posted by ruffers April 12, 09:49PM

The phrase "Kendo Nagasaki Boundary Dispute".

Posted by Zebedee Tring April 13, 10:31AM

Spurs winning and Arsenal losing on the same day.

Posted by Jah Lush April 13, 11:20AM

Oh, I'm with you on that one ZT. Deep deep unadulterated joy

Posted by numbers April 29, 09:12PM

[www.youtube.com]

Iris Apfel/ Matisse. Can't do linky thing.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 17 of 18

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed