Forum Sponsors

http://northwooduk.com/estate-agents/dulwich

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

http://www.hb-therapy.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 18
messageRe: It's contagious, and it's official (aka Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Joy)
Posted by legalbeagle 01 May, 2010 18:35

Two pairs of new shoes, and new jeans a size smaller than you thought you were. Woohooooooo!!

messageRe: It's contagious, and it's official (aka Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Joy)
Posted by charliecharlie 05 May, 2010 19:25

the fact that the election will soon be over

only thing is we are going to be stuck with one of these...http://www.liberatemedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/election-2010-the-polls-7041602300.jpg
and I have got a nasty feeling that I know which one it's going to be...
SAVE US SOMEONE!!!... think there are going to be stormy seas ahead
http://www.voc.iinet.net.au/ship_storm.jpg

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit was 2010:05:05:20:35:28 by charliecharlie.

Posted by Ladymuck 05 May, 2010 22:54

KD's "I say no to Lib-dem" thread - utterly hilarious.

Posted by womanofdulwich 06 May, 2010 23:50

Finding £50 I has hidden in my wellies- for safety last winter.

Posted by charliecharlie 07 May, 2010 09:28

that's a funny place to keep your money http://www.glittyknittykitty.co.uk/archive/wellies.jpg
glad you found it!

Posted by brum 08 May, 2010 09:42

Refilling my fridge after a big shop.

Posted by legalbeagle 08 May, 2010 14:33

Beautifully made wine from Alsace.

Posted by brum 08 May, 2010 15:37

Ahh! I've been to Alsace and yes they do love creating beautiful wine.... nice to drink on its own, and Pinot Gris is great with my enchiladas. Mmmm... must get a bottle soon!

Posted by katie1997 09 May, 2010 21:58

deep breaths...

those beautiful creamy coloured tulips that almost have a greenish hue. No idea what variety they are but they make me smile every time I look at them. Bliss.

Posted by charliecharlie 10 May, 2010 09:49

Do you mean these Katie? They are called Tulip viridflora 'Spring Green' and are absolutely beautiful
http://www.thebattery.org/images/plants/tulip52.jpg

Posted by charliecharlie 10 May, 2010 10:22

lying on the sofa with my lovely friend listening to Eddie Izzard recordings and crying with laughter at his clever sillyness... Izzard, that is, not my friend but he's clever too...

he can even make hoovers seem funny... genius
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUuYM8Jk6Yk
and laughter is so good for you...

http://helpguide.org/life/humor_laughter_health.htm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2010:05:10:11:26:45 by charliecharlie.

Posted by brum 10 May, 2010 17:53

Eating bubble whilst sipping champagne.

Posted by kpc 10 May, 2010 20:10

Booking flights to go to a dear friend's 50th birthday party in October.

Posted by daizie 10 May, 2010 20:16

TopOfThePops 80s special tonight BBC2 winking smiley

Posted by katie1997 10 May, 2010 21:15

charliecharlie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you mean these Katie? They are called Tulip
> viridflora 'Spring Green' and are absolutely
> beautiful
> [www.thebattery.org]
> g

CC - yes those are the ones, thanks
*smiling with contagious joy*

Posted by katie1997 10 May, 2010 21:19

Winning at chess*, draughts, backgammon, scrabble, connect 4, monopoly, cluedo. Oh and cards. Doesn't happen often.....

*especially brings joy depending on who I am playing against.

Posted by katie1997 10 May, 2010 21:23

yes, the simplest things bring the greatest pleasures. For me its hanging the laundry up outdoors - brings immense (irrational to some?) joy.

*considers career move*

Posted by SteveT 11 May, 2010 08:39

Watching the fledgling sparrows being fed in earnest by their parents.

It's as if there is a competition

on who can eat the most in the shortest possible time.

--------------------
dickensman

Posted by Brendan 11 May, 2010 09:47

Big Trouble in Little China on telly last night.

Posted by woofmarkthedog 11 May, 2010 09:47

My cooker..

I bought a Range cooker here on the EDF for £250 thumbs up ( rrp £2,000 ish ) as my old one had "expired" thumbs down

Cleaned up like new & had it connected for £80 quid ( gas fitter recommended on here thumbs up )

I am now in six rings of gas burning heaven & a 90 cm fan oven ( I know , sad but thumbs up sad )

Oh & what JOY it brings me each day

W**F

*checks singed eyebrows for growth*

Posted by Brendan 11 May, 2010 09:51

My fireplace + my wingback + the brandy decanter + a Neil Gaiman comic.

Posted by giggirl 11 May, 2010 11:24

Brendan,

Strangely enough I just can't get a visual on that.

Px

Posted by Brendan 11 May, 2010 11:41

Me reading comics in front of the inglenook, whilst swigging cognac straight from the decanter.

It’s not that difficult to picture is it?

Posted by katie1997 11 May, 2010 12:35

...when little lost bunny rabbits with blue dungarees and teddies with one eye are reunited with their owners via the forum smiling smiley

(fingers crossed for any lost toys out there yet to be claimed)

Posted by brum 11 May, 2010 13:02

Collecting my car from the garage to find it has been cleaned and valeted. Ahh...

Posted by Jah Lush 11 May, 2010 13:23

And low it has come to pass.

No Government - Nicolette

Posted by giggirl 11 May, 2010 13:30

Finding a Hermes scarf that I thought was long lost in the pocket of a coat I haven't worn in two years. Bliss.

Posted by Brendan 11 May, 2010 14:19

Hermes, the messenger of the gods?

Son of Zeus and father of Pan?

Hermes of many shifts, blandly cunning, a robber, a cattle driver, a bringer of dreams, a watcher by night, a thief at the gates, one who was soon to show forth wonderful deeds among the deathless gods?

That Hermes?

Best give his scarf back.

Posted by giggirl 11 May, 2010 14:53

He'll have to fight me for it and I can fight dirty when there's fashion involved.

Posted by legalbeagle 11 May, 2010 16:29

Rearranging my collection of Lulu Guinness handbags.

Prrrrrrrrrrrrr..............

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 18

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed