Beautiful asian woman in sainsburys

davy watts

I realize this is a shot in the dark, but were you the truly beautiful asian /middle eastern looking lady in sainsburys check out at around 7.50pm on friday? I was the guy at the next check out with dark hair and black t shirts. Our eyes met briefly and I wanted to say hello but I was in the middle of packing my bags.

scottcruickshank Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> lilly123 wrote "oh well i wish you all the best in

> finding her, as we all know that they will marry

> into their own kind" WTF! what is this comment

> based on?

irony i would imagine

davy watts Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I realize this is a shot in the dark, but were you

> the truly beautiful asian /middle eastern looking

> lady in sainsburys check out at around 7.50pm on

> friday?

Her name is Latika and she is destined to marry a millionaire - it is written.

Haha... so we have no idea where she's from or what her background is, but because she looks a bit foreign, she is destined to "marry into her own kind"!! At least lilly has deleted the post, which I interpret as some sort of apology.

GOod luck davy - at least nobody has had a go at you for not supporting the local shops!

i would like to state that the comment that was made was not made by myself,i have had my online bank account hacked, a bill for 739 quid duno what for any way hope fully this is being sorted by the police now this, i am yet to find out yet if there is any think else out there, any way davy why dont you try and go back there again next week at the same time and see if you can see her i wish you every luck in the world, if you do find her it would be nice to keep us informed, good luck.

I was in Sainsbury's one evening about 2 weeks back and as I packed my bags I looked up and saw an Asian girl walk down the aisle and I must say she was electric - perhaps she was the same woman, I don't know. Nevertheless who ever she was she'll probably be chased by half of East Dulwich and it may be the same girl you saw Davy.

Just keeping this thread on the radar in case my dream girl happens to read it. In a Hollywood movie I would have abandoned my bag packing and approached her and said something smart and witty. In real life she would have probably thought I was a nutter for abandoning my shopping and sent me packing.....which I would have automitcally done anyway as my shopping still needed to be packed.

most asians I see ie. Indian, Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Sri Lankan, Chinese do actually seem to marry / settle down partners from their own background.

Clearly there are exceptions to this (in my experience mainly within the SE Asian community or 2nd/3rd+ generation descendents of immigrants). Don't turn this into a racist-fest, try to be objective, people on here love to pull the race card, it's a cheap point scorer isn't it.

Is the offence caused by somebody (whether a hacker or not) commenting on this fact / trend ?

What I mean is, if the 'fact' / trend identified is accurate then what exactly was said 'wrongly' ?

The MANNER / TONE it was said ?

KidK, it was a combination of the generalisation ("they will"... as if it is a foregone conclusion), and the language/tone ("their own kind").

It is not just offensive to the target, it's also offensive to those of us who do not marry "into our own kind".

If Lilly's hacker has said "hey, good luck davy, but depending on where she's from, there's a good chance she'd prefer a partner from her own background", I don't think there'd have been a problem.