Fire at north peckham estate?

R&A

anyone know what's going on up there?? - police, helicopters, fire engines and loads of ambulances?

there's smoke everywhere & the traffic is terrible so i'd avoid the area if youre thinking of driving through

I started this thread in the general issues section. the administrator then moved it into the lounge... I'm confused too.

perhaps the adminstrator may be able to help here?

• Administrator

LegalEagle-ish summed it up quite nicely: "It's Camberwell"

The ED issues/gossip section is for East Dulwich issues, not Camberwell issues (there is a Camberwell Forum here). Unfortunately we do not cater for the surrounding area issues the same as the BBC news website the TV news do. Josh has started a discussion about it, which is in the "About the Forum" section http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?12,303078 (which was moved to that section because it was about the forum and not an East Dulwich Issue).

It is a rule that was drawn up at the forum's inception and sorry if causes confusion.

I live in east dulwich and was driving home from work when i saw this terrible incident unfolding.

I initially put it in to help ED travellers (topic transport) avoid the area on the way home but also to inform everyone of a major incident in the local area.

No one was to know how serious this was going to be, so i can understand (if you hadn't seen what i had seen) why it was moved at the time.

Anyway - it's really very sad to hear that so many people had died, including young children. awful.

let's hope that "With Southwark?s major regeneration projects running massively behind schedule " and the the fact that

"The Lib Dem-Tory coalition has always acted like it doesn?t have a strategy for dealing with the borough?s chronic housing problems. Now we know that they literally don?t have one. If the Executive can?t piece together a coherent strategy for improving housing, what hope is there of them meeting their targets for decent homes, injecting a bit of customer focus into the unresponsive repairs service, or providing a fairer billing system for its leaseholders .."

Nick Staton might be in Awe of our emergency services, but lets hope the state of this buildings and lack of decent fire escapes does not get flagged up in the report. But hey ED get's a lovely new Gym regeneration and the Livesey still sits shut and empty near another large patch of social housing.

Maybe the www.peoplesrepublicofsouthwark.co.uk should start busing the kids from the estate near the Livesey into ED everyday and bring them back in the evening, then they can play in basketball and tennis courts in Dulwich park, use the 2nd new Fusion gym refit and enjoy the Hornimans museum.

What a terrible situation - my deepest sympathy to the families and friends of those killed, and those in hospital.

We should all keep an eye out for the eventual results of the analysis of what happened, and how such a thing can be avoided in the future.