Housing immigrants and queue jumping

SteveT

I have just heard the discussion about this queue jumping on the BBC news and of course there is no queue jumping of any kind going on.

The politicians are doing nothing outside of the rules of course.

They do house newly arrived immigrants if they have children and enough of them, they will be housed before the local populace.

So as there is no queue jumping then what do we call it when the newly arrived take precedent for housing over the long waiting local and national homeless population.

I think we should ship-in any foreigners who are willing to get off their fat, lazy arses and do some work in order to better their lives - and give them a nice council house to get them started as an incentive.

This would allow us to export homegrown feckless Brits who are unwilling to get off their fat, lazy arses, do some work and make something of themselves instead of sitting around demanding their right to council house (for life) and believing made-up drivel that just popped through the letterbox in a BNP leaflet simply because it suits them.

Seriously, SteveT, we're doing this AGAIN?! Whole family in need of housing but not from round 'ere blah-sodding-blah... REALLY?!

Kel, what are "normal people" exactly, in your estimation? Perhaps you fine citizens demanding this fuct up version of "fair" might investigate the word "humanitarian" instead.

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think we should ship-in any foreigners who are

> willing to get off their fat, lazy arses and do

> some work in order to better their lives - and

> give them a nice council house to get them started

> as an incentive.

>

Exactly! I agree with this 110%

I worked in housing for 10 long miserable years, and this was an oft repeated old chestnut then.

A points based system is the only fair way to allocate social housing, and there wouldn't be a problem if they just BUILT MORE OF IT (6)

Old chestnut my hat.

I was on The Southwark Waiting List from 1973 to 1983 and every time I, and many others that I knew, got anywhere near the top I, automatically, went further down the list when a new wave of immigranta, who almost by definition, are "homeless" went straight to the top.

These people had paid nothing whatsoever in our financial system which, of course, is where the money came from to house those in need in the first place.

So Guys much older than me had paid all their various Taxes into the "system" and when THEY wanted to benefit they could not get anywhere as priority was given to people coming from overseas who paid nothing in!

Fair?? lol

Problem is Steve that most reading this are liberal Middle-Class people who are NEVER going to be "inconvenienced" by this so could not give a rats ass, basically.

Its easy to have noble, altruistic, magnaminous views when you and your kin are NOT affected in any way.

Luckily I was given some money in 1983 to buy my own house otherwise I would still, probably, be on the Housing List now...::o

Boo-hoo.. where's my council house? I have paid-in! It's my right.. I've been on the waiting list FOREVER waiting for a handout, and then some git from Somalia who's family has been murdered (a lawyer or something useful, possibly) just pitches-up and gets MY handout.. oh WOE IS ME

ontheedge Wrote:

Tony from your previous posts Imake out you're about 55 so in 1973 you would have been about 19, surely not a priority for social housing I take it you would have been looking for a flat to yourself.

That is exactly right on all accounts ontheedge.

If you live long enough certain things go in cycles though.

I was listening to a Radio Phone-In 2 months ago when a Lady with a strong Jamaican accent was complaining that "all these East Europeans" were preventing her own daughter from getting near the top for priority to Council properties.

The irony was supreme as it was the mass immigration from The Caribbean that prevented many indigenous people gaining Council accommodation in The 1960's/1970's/1980's....what goes round, comes round springs to mind.

Why would TLS not be priority in 1983 though ontheedge? 10 years is a long time to wait IMO. We should listen to those people who have real experience of this situation, ahead of those who only have a theoretical point of view.

*Bob* Wrote:

Boo-hoo.. where's my council house? I have paid-in! It's my right.. I've been on the waiting list FOREVER waiting for a handout, and then some git from Somalia who's family has been murdered (a lawyer or something useful, possibly) just pitches-up and gets MY handout.. oh WOE IS ME

Yeah! "bob" all those single males who are currently in France waiting to get over here have all fled Afghanistan/Iraq/Somalia/Bosnia and 20 other Countries because people in EVERY one of their families has been murdered.

I mean why else would they want to come to Britain?

Why "Britain" incidently??...These Guys cross many Countries to attempt to reach Britain, a Nation where most have no natural allegiance, historically, at all.

If these places are so desperate why have they left all their Women and Children behind to fend for themselves??

The Housing System in Southwark??

I've known 7/8 Women/Girls who have cheated the "system" by claiming "violence" always a good score on the points system and in every case their story was fictitious. One Young Girl ( around 19/20 got a place on this basis and within 2 years her Twin Sister and older sister had come down from The Midlands, which they all had to "flee" because of domestic violence.

In each case it was nonsense and they all have decent places within 1 mile of each other near where I used to live near Camberwell.

"Who receives social housing?

Analysis of the Labour Force Survey highlights differential patterns of housing tenure

between the UK-born population and the foreign-born population who have arrived in

the UK during the last five years. The latter are overwhelmingly housed in the private

rental sector, and not in social housing.

Among UK-born heads of households, an estimated 74 percent are owner occupiers,

17 per cent live in social housing and 7 percent are private tenants. In contrast, of

foreign born people who have arrived in the UK in the past five years, about 17 per

cent are owner-occupiers, 11 percent live in social housing and 64 per cent are

private tenants."

LegalEagle-ish Wrote:

ony just incase you feel like actually educating yourself on what is actually happening in Somalia, try a few of the reports here. Then carry on spouting shit if you like.

I've talked to a few Somalians who, now, have a large Community in Woolwich, thank you.

Of course "some" cases are from people fleeing persecution and tyranny.

What about all the other cases of Somalians here, Legal ( as you have chosen to mention "Somalians" ) ??

Do you honestly believe "most" Somalians here are fleeing persecution and why should the ones that aren't be given "priority" over all British people who are currently on the Housing WAiting List?

Why should the Guys here who are NOT fleeing persecution be given priority?

Here it is again Tony, seeing as you seem to be hard of thinking this evening:

"Among UK-born heads of households, an estimated 74 percent are owner occupiers,

17 per cent live in social housing and 7 percent are private tenants. In contrast, of

foreign born people who have arrived in the UK in the past five years, about 17 per

cent are owner-occupiers, 11 percent live in social housing and 64 per cent are

private tenants."