Magners Pear Cider

Muley

It is, but the name 'perry' doesn't appeal to the male drinking market.

Still, if Magners have managed to persuade teams of braying rugby players in Richmond that it's cool to drink an ice-filled glass shaped like a vase full of pink cider, then who knows what's possible?

HonaloochieB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I know that sometimes a judiciously applied brandy

> and Babycham could undo a 'barring' from May in

> The Windmill in Brixton.

Ah, the Windmill... I've seen some pretty awesome gigs there. The debut Pama International gig, J Church, Boards of Canada, Blocko... the list goes on.

Pear Magners is horrid.

I went for a family BBQ at the weekend and my cousins boyfriend brought this vile brew called 'Brothers Strawberry Cider'...anyone heard of it? Never really got into drinking any kind of cider at all (except at 14 with a 3 litre bottle of Happy Shopper's finest) but this takes the award for being by far the most revolting.

I spent years at university drinking cider and then many years after not able to touch the stuff after one too many times tasting cider in reverse...

Never thought I'd like it again but have found myself enjoying the odd glass of Magners, Bulmers or best of all the Kopparberg Pear.

Guess pretty much everything comes back into fashion in the end.

White Lightning was ruled-out on the grounds that you should never buy any food or drink which offered more than 50% extra free - as standard.

For a sustained stint 'down the labour exchange' one must seek-out the harder-to-find beverages in order to expand one's palette.

I seem to remember that Blue Ocean smelled faintly of piss when you cracked the seal, but wasn't so bad after you got about two thirds of the way down the bottle.

In Liverpool we used to drink 2l of "Pulse8" (8% white cider) before a night out. Think it was only about ?2 a bottle, and would mean you didn't need to spend too much on drink once you got out... If you got out after that.

Poor old much maligned perry. I'm partial to a drop whenever I'm in Herefordshire Wales. Bulmers/magnets can keep their sickly brews however.

And how anybody can drink more than one kpppaberg without slipping into a hyperglycaemic coma is beyond me. Same goes for Adventure Bar cocktails. Health and Safety need to confiscate their sugar syrup bottles.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you're gonna do it. Do it right:

>

> http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Images/ExternalImag

> es/ProductsDetailed/14/009514.jpg

>

> +

>

> http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/Images/ExternalImag

> es/ProductsDetailed/56/057356.jpg

Brendan, all is forgiven.

I personally prefer summer fruits though.