Edited ....for .....

Mick Mac

Personally, when in the middle of a tense-ish debate/barney, sometimes it feels important to be clear that it's typos etc, not a sudden change of heart or loss of bottle. maybe that's just me. sorry for the offensive unnecessary explanations of the past.

(not edited, looks about right. it is late, though)

I think a rant, or even a reasoned arguement should be left as is, as any errors display the fierce mood of the poster.

To be honest I have edited a fair few of my own posts but sometimes when I see "edited for spelling" I lose the will to live.

matthew123 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Once something has been posted it should be locked

> - if you need to correct an opinion do it in the

> next post... if people are worried about spelling

> and grammer mistakes then they shouldn't be so

> trigger happy hitting 'Post message'

---------------------------------------------------

Yeah................... so there.......

Think about it kidsz.............."Take resposibility"..

trigger happy knob jockeys

Now your scared "made you look , made you stare "

matthew123 Wrote:

if people are worried about spelling

> and grammer mistakes then they shouldn't be so

> trigger happy hitting 'Post message'

itchy trigger finger?

Here here Mic Mack. It's pathetic isn't it. What I can't stand apart from emocions or whatever they're called is when people do this:

*something descriptive of a physical action that relates to the post*

Far too easy if you ask me.

Edited 101 time(s). Last edit was today, 10.37am by Louisiana.

Depends entirely on the context. In the forthcoming serious discussion room then quite right that emoticons and actions are contemptuous or at the very least annoying, but much on here is essentially conversational which is a physical activity with gestures, expressions and eye contact (or not). None of which exists here, making nuances, irony and physical embellishment nigh on impossible and suddenly posts become very very easy to misinterpret.

Until somebody comes up with a decent mechanism to emulate this we're left with exclamations, emoticons and *shrugs* stage directions.

It's quite simple really... there are a fair few on here prepared to jump on others for "backtracking" what they originally put just for simply realising they may have either been a little rash or found there's no point to one comment or other as it has been taken completely out of context.

Please feel free to disagree. B)

I don't mind emoticons at all, especially in light hearted threads. I don't use them all the time, but I do like the :-S one, as it seems to sum up my general confusion sometimes.

People that get wound up about this sort of thing really need to take a look at the world. There are more important things to worry about.

This is just bloody outragous!

I pop out to the pub and when I get back I'm being attacked on all fronts. Kel has mercilessly rejected my honourable advances, Mick Mac and Quids are ganging up on me, Legal has got everyone making fun of me (insinuating that I'm a shandy drinker of all things) and now Moos is swearing at me along with Brendan.

Is an Englishman not safe in his glass house any more?

Moos Wrote:

> *thinks - if that wasn't a special clique

> handshake, what was it?!*

Well it depends entirely on what part of Quids you shook. If it was his hand that's fine but if it was his..well..you know, then you two may well be in a clique of you very own.