Arnica- any good?

Muley

Feeling a bit sore after coming off my bike last week, and a 'friend of a friend' (OK, my mother-in-laws best friends dippy, several-sandwiches-short-of-a-picnic, in fact at times frankly f*ckwitted, daughter) has suggested arnica as being a good homeopathic remedy for bruising, etc.

So I thought I'd ask some sensible, intelligent people if they reckon it does any good.

(Also thought I'd ask here, too!)

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can of worms. But in shirt no, cream is nowt but a

> moisturiser, pill is a sugar pill, let it dissolve

> in the French fashion if you like, won't make a

> blind bit of difference.

-----------------------------------------------------

Agree, wot mockers said.

Not that I've ever used it, but just because you think a lot of complementary medicines / herbal remedies are naff, doesn't mean they all are.

This is one that I have heard good things about from lots of people, including health professionals talking to Mrs Keef after childbirth, so I'd be willing to give it a go.

Vodka is much more fun though, but can actually lead to bruising (that you can't explain) in my experience.

But it's not a herbal remedy is it Keef. It's homeopathy so by it's own definition it is water with any trace ingredient so diluted that by design there is none left. So it's water with a 'memory' of arnica. Otherwise known as utter tosh.

Now a dock leaf is an entirely different matter.

To be honest I wouldn't have a clue if it's homeopathic or not, that's what the girl who suggested it to me said (but she's probably not the most reliable source about....well, anything really!).

Just trying to get patched up 'cos we're going kayaking at the weekend and a sore shoulder will take the fun out of it.

The vodka and dock leaf combo has to be a strong contender though!