Do you tweet?

Maurice

I read with great interest in the FT about the young man who finds twitter pointless for young people and, in a rare moment, found I share a viewpoint with someone in their teens.

I've become quite savvy on the new media scale for an old fart. And though I may not fully understand it, the whole twitter world seems pointless. True, there appear to be a few people who excel at using it as a vehicle. But they were people who were interesting anyway. The onslaught of people posting mindless tweets about 'I'm am on the train to work' and 'tonight I cooked Delia's latest recipe' has not capture my interest. And, it appears, not the young generations either.

Do you tweet?

Article from FT

I created an account but rarely use it. I get email notifications when someone is 'following' me on Twitter even when there is nothing to follow. The one time I have found it useful was when on the way home a few weeks ago there was a massive diversion on Old Kent Road whereby it was closed off from Albany Road to Bricklayers Arms. Couldn't find anything on any news website about it but went on twitter and found a few people twittering about it and what had happened.

I tweet but then I also use facebook. In fact my tweets update my facebook status.

It is worth being on twitter just to follow dulwichmum!

I am certainly not as obsessed as some and only follow about 50 people who are a mixture of friends, celebs magazine columists etc.

Twitter is a load of twatter. I think it has been overtaken by corporate companies and their tweets. Then again I can't stand the live feed bit on facebook, there's always one or two people who fill the page with stuff i have no desire to know such as james 7:43am I don't want to go to work. james 8:02 Leaving for work James 8:57: Ah i'm at work Jane (his grilfriend) 9:02 I know baby I don't want to be at work either. Who cares!