Did anyone else Latitude??

buggie

... am sure I overheard few people talking about East Dulwich while there this w/e.

While the headline acts didn't do for me what Sigor Ros did last year (got the hairs on the back of my neck up before anyone asks!) can't really complain about the depth and breadth of things to see and do, everything from seeing great new music (Paloma Faith), old favourites (Robin Ince's Book Club) and learning to Charleston with Keith Allen (well, he was a few people infront of me!).

Soooo... anyone else?!

yes we went! was good but yes, I agree with you about the headline acts. it was our third year of going and it was definately the weakest in that sense but it did make us go and find out some of the other things though which we haven't done so much of in the past.

Have to say I loved Spiritualized, Wild Beasts and Jeffrey Lewis' poetry and of course Thom Yorke (who's the main reason we decided to go in the end!!) and we watched the new Shane Meadow's film 'Le Donk & Scorz-ayz-ee' (hilarious). Always throughly enjoy Latitude festival and def. one of the best out there to go to.

Hopefully one of you managed to catch my Brooklyn mates outfit The Phenomenal Handclap Band. After Hyde Park a few weeks back they finished their European tour on Saturday and said Latitude was their best gig yet.

So again, thats......The Phenomenal Handclap Band straight out Brooklyn NYC y'all.

Check out the live stuff on you tube. Also did a session on Mark Radcliffe last week.

We were in Tangerine Fields so didn't have to pitch the tent ourselves but still had few damp bits come friday morning - blame ourselves for thurs night - had left wellies and mac's in the tent as thought rain wasn't coming until the friday!!

MrBen - missed your friends band which is shame having followed your link as they sound great :'( is so much going on there that short of cloning myself was always going to miss a few bits!

I went too. I loved Regina Spektor too. survived monsoon.

Grace Jones as well was madder than a Christmas tree and all the better for it. I cant believe she kept that hula hoop up for the whole of slave to the rhythm! Impressive.

I know what you mean about having to clone yourself though, I missed too many acts I really wanted to see.

Did manage to catch Scott Matthews, very good. Also Doves were fun and Thom Yorke was really ace. O and the end of the Gossip's set was brilliant.

and Swan lake on the waterfront stage followed by break dancing was very good.

sadly missed the phenomenal handclap band due to boring parenting duties.

as to the food, quite good but well expensive. ?1 for 1 doughnut! FFS! and no stall selling hot chocolate with booze in it to keep you warm and drunk on the late nights was a blow. nice to see the Sea Cow with a massive q all the time.

I was in the family field, and I'm sure the family in the tent very near ours were from ED as well. Any of you lot in the family field? with kids about 9 or 10 ish?