Free Tamiflu! Lots of it.

cdonline

I know we're being told that the Government trusts us to be truthful and not swamp the new NHS website giving information on Swine flu and dispensing Tamiflu.

But I just wondered, will you be be tempted and try to stock up on Tamiflu, when the website goes live around lunch time?

Maybe! I heard the Radio 4 report about how it was so possible to do this.

Personally I think it is ridiculous that a diagnosis of something so serious could be made over the phone!

I could LIE and get a medical certificate for work.

Except, I'm self employed so can't do that one!

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> And tamiflu doesn't help with swine flu anyway

Really?

Imagine my surprise when I heard of this medicine a day or two after naming my daughter!

http://www.martinrothonline.com/birdfluupdate/

Japan banned the prescribing of tamiflu for children 10-17 after serious side effects. I'd stick with the natural star anise which has been used for centurys. I havent stockpiled but over the last couple of years I've made sure I've got enough before Roche (Pharmy) clear out the world supply, 90% there buying, which Ive already put up on the swine flu thread.

I have always used star anise Sean because of its valuable properties, mainly giving and sending to people who feel frightened about swine flu. I agree, our bodies are very good at sorting things out, but when I'm ill I do use herbs as sometimes you need something.

Just wondering... Ive never really been the sort to skyve off work so I'm probably being naive. If one *did* pretend to get 'flu to get the medical certificate for a week in front of the telly, surely one would have to be quite sure of ones own immunity?

I would have thought that if someone skyved for a week, and then *really* got the bug and had to take another week off later in the year, the employer might start becoming a bit suspicious. If I were an HR manager (perish the thought) I might be planning to spend some time next year combing the employee sickness records to see who had takn multiple flu sickies over the pandemic period as a way of knowing which employees to keep tabs on in future.

I have also been worried about this but for a slightly different reason. I did have a week off about a month ago because I had some kind of flu but I was never tested so I don't know if it was the swine variety or not but given the season it seems likely. My boss has decided that i did have swine flu but now i'm worried that if it wasn't and i do get it he'll think I lied last time. But... someone said that if it mutates enough then in time it's possible you'll catch it again anyway. Confusing.