OASIS -

Easties EL

Back in 1994 I was into Priate Radio music Jungle and Hip Hop music like Snoop Dogg, Dre, Onyx. Of course I wore baseball caps with teams I've never watched or heard of, baggy jeans etc. Then my friend Richard lent me a CD by a band Called Oasis. The album was 'defintely maybe'. It inspired me to pick up my Tennis racket and pretend to be a rock star in front of the mirror (which I still do today. This album blew me away and certainly changed my outlook in my taste of music, when I was 13 years old. Not to say Jungle and Hip Hop wouldn't of made me the man I am today (tokes a doobie)- Only kidding.

Through this album and their live performances...oh my word, the live performances, which had attitude and swagger like no other band I have seen before. A 13 year old lad from Upton Park, East London, began listenting to the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Kinks, The Stone Roses, The Smiths and many more since.

What am I trying to say? I don't know really. I'll let the music do the talking:

1.ROCK N ROLL STAR

2.SHAKERMAKER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLSml5XRSCE

3.LIVE FOREVER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwzuWgxdURg

4.UP IN THE SKY

5.COLUMBIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGer9xv69MU

6.SUPERSONICE - FIRST EVER T.V PERFORMANCE TOO

7.BRING IT ON DOWN

8.Cigarettes & Alcohol

9.Digsy's Dinner

10.Slide Away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vhAj-bI4EY

11.Married With Children

12.Sad Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqQnpTaIb8o

I met my wife in 1995 and every bar in clapham was playing morning glory that summer everyone loved it. First dance at wedding was wondrewall. That have only done rubbish since but in 95 for a few short months they were as big as anyone has ever been.

They've done "some" good stuff since What's the Story, but not as consistently good as they were.

Examples - importance of being idle, Lyla, waiting for the rapture to name a few.

Quite like their latest album. Saw them at Wembley the other week and despite the cups of piss that were being thrown around it was an excellent gig. One of the best I've been to.

Sorry still not impressed..let me explain why

Its a voice that has no depth or originality.

The lyrics are cliched and tell us nothing new about ourselves or the singer.

The whole effect is of someone going through the motions without spark like a tired robbie williams.

But I am jealous of their fame and 'success' so I am bound to be a bit twisted on this one.

I actually like the first album. Yeah Noel's a bit of a twonk and his brother an utter twunt, but when has that been a barrier to anything in the music world.

But they failed, as Presuming Ed so rightly says, to paint it black.

I actually quite like don't believe the truth, it's nowt special but feels like it was done by people for whom the penny finally dropped that they are, after all, just a band

If a band attracts a crowd that enjoys throwing piss at each other (and strangers) I'm guessing they are doing something wrong, quite apart from the spot-on comments Reggie makes

They have several decent tunes but wild horses will never get me to be in a 5 mile radius of anywhere they are playing live again

Easties EL Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> To be fair, after 1997. All things went down the

> pan. i.e Labour

Excuse me but you are too young to remember the Tory years in full and therefore can't really make that comment.

Oasis are shit too.

Oh God! Oasis are sooooo 90s maaaan. I loved them when the first started out. I saw them at Earls Court in '95 and they were okay as far as rowdy pub rock bands go.

They made one good album, the first one, 2nd one was only half decent and the 3rd was a fecking bag a'shite. I gave up on them after that. They've made the odd good single since. I liked Lila and The Importance Of Being An Arse or whatever it was called but didn't exactly rush out to buy 'em.