What will you do at about 9pm tonight?

Ted Max

Things you can do in "about an hour" whilst you wait for the forum to come online again.

1. Worry that all the red "new" alerts will be re-set wrongly when you log on at 10.01pm

2. Wonder if you should have deleted "that" PM before the maintenance work

3. Eat, shower, change out of last year's clothes. Treat it like a new beginning, a chance to insert new matchsticks between the eyelids and break out a fresh keyboard.

4. Watch the second half of Midsomer Murders

It'll be like the fall of the Berlin Wall 20 years ago as we say Hello to capitalism and find we have to enter our credit card details each time we want to make a post, and pop ups galore advertising grammer & spelling checkers. The Lounge will be replaced with a new section called the 'William Rose Lounge'.. so I suggest you spend that hour saving screen shots (b&w of course) for more East Dulwich posterity.

I fear you may be right, Matthew. And the "About this Forum" section will be renamed "Talk to the Hand".

7. Surf the West Dulwich and Nunhead Forums, searching for that old spark. Register under someone else's EDF username, just for the hell of it.

Why have the powers that be chose to make these changes after the watershed?

I reckon it'll just be like the millenium bug, a great big fuss about nothing. Either that or the eye in the sky has folded under pressure and the adverts are going to rear their ugly head.

"Register under someone else's EDF username, just for the hell of it."

Just so as you know Ted, you've been kicking up quite a storm over on the Clapham forum.

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> To relieve the tension I shall be participating in

> full-contact origami with my neighbours cat.

xxxxx

Too much information :)