Melt your heart...

Huguenot

I can't remember who said it in the vocalist thread, but I've never come across a chat that has given me so much pleasure.

Absolutely extraordinary.

I studied all that poetry shite and it kind of left me less enamoured, but the vocalist thread has given me so much happiness I feel I have to share it with you!

If you haven't done it (and I never would, it's like that 'listening to...' thread, full of bollocks etc.) please, please do go and look up some of the names on that thread and turn up the volume.

Wow.

You're all idiots sometimes (;-)), but whatever my small minded tinkering with debate, you've genuinely changed my life from 8,000 miles away. Thank you.

Anyone else had similar change your life moments?

Anyone who says 'baby' is fired.

On the Southbank with the 'dads' for the first time - noise, smells, unruliness...that incredibly green pitch AND in the middle of all this adult chaos the sudden apparently random unified belting out of 'I'm forever blowing bubbles'...still remember it nearly 40 years later

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "we hate Millwall and we hate Millwall" ;-)

Thats Charming.

I return to this Site to be non-controversial, user-friendly, peaceful, calm and pleasant and agreeable at all times and you start on me straight away.:X

Well bollix to the "new" me, think I prefer the old one.

So in that spirit all The 'ammers on here can stick it right up their jaxies, sidewayz...>:D<

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> On the Southbank with the 'dads' for the first

> time - noise, smells, unruliness...that incredibly

> green pitch AND in the middle of all this adult

> chaos the sudden apparently random unified belting

> out of 'I'm forever blowing bubbles'...still

> remember it nearly 40 years later

The Southbank must have changed a bit since I last went with the other Dads to take in a Pasolini retrospective at the NFT followed by by an exhibition of contemporary kinetic sculpture at the Hayward

Mine was musical too.

11 years old, liked whatever my brother did, which was mostly early u2, simple minds, dire straits etc.

Then my mate's aunt di....err went on a long holiday, and left...err behind, all her vinyl to my mate.

He, myself and another friend spent much of that summer carefully examining g these amazing albums, each one treated with a genuine sense if reverence as we removed them from the sleeves and listened for the first time the likes of Deep Purple, Jethro Tull, Uriah Heap I'll finish this list soon

Mine is golf. Aged 16 had only played parkland golf before. My dad drove me up to the north Antrim coast for a comp I was playing in and via the coast road we came round the corner and looked down on royal portrush golf club as it snaked through the dunes. An incredible site for me and I will never forgot the feeling of excitement and anxiety it filled me with. My dad has passed away since so if I recall it now it always is tinged with a little sadness too as I guess most memories are.

As a late teenager I would have to say "Jill P."...

Stayed the night at her Parents house after playing a few games of Scrabble and Monopoly. Was bemoaning the fact that she did not have a Subbuteo Table like my Male friends would have and eventually went alone into one of the 4 Bedrooms.

Mysteriously Jill found her way into my room within 10 minutes of me retiring for the night, while her Parents slept peacefully down the passage and I never played Subbuteo again....

When I awoke the following morning I was alone again.

Perhaps I imagined it....